|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Pro-Europeanism, sometimes called European Unionism, is a political position which favours European integration and the European Union (EU). It includes European federalists, who seek to create a United States of Europe. A related term is "Europhile".
As such, it is the opposite of Euroscepticism, which refers to political attitudes sceptical of – or opposed to – European integration. This should not be confused with the more generic term "Anti-Europeanism".
Pro-EU political parties
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Within the EU
- Austria: Austrian People's Party, Social Democratic Party of Austria, The Greens - The Green Alternative, NEOS – The New Austria
- Belgium: Reformist Mouvement, Open Flemish Liberals and Democrats, Socialist Party, Christian Democratic and Flemish, Ecolo, Green
- Bulgaria: Union of Democratic Forces, Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria, Movement for Rights and Freedoms
- Croatia: Croatian Democratic Union, Social Democratic Party of Croatia, Croatian Peasant Party, Civic Liberal Alliance, Istrian Democratic Assembly
- Cyprus: Democratic Rally, Democratic Party
- Czech Republic: ANO 2011, Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People's Party, Czech Pirate Party, Czech Social Democratic Party, Green Party, TOP 09
- Denmark: Danish Social Liberal Party, Social Democrats, Venstre, Conservative People's Party
- Estonia: Estonian Social Democratic Party, Estonian Centre Party, Estonian Reform Party, Estonian Greens, Pro Patria and Res Publica Union, Estonian Free Party
- Finland: Centre Party, National Coalition Party, Social Democratic Party of Finland, Green League
- France: En Marche!, Democratic Movement, The Republicans, Socialist Party, Europe Ecology – The Greens, Radical Party of the Left, Union of Democrats and Independents
- Germany: Alliance '90/The Greens, Christian Democratic Union, Christian Social Union in Bavaria, Social Democratic Party of Germany, Free Democratic Party
- Greece: New Democracy, Panhellenic Socialist Movement, The River
- Hungary: Democratic Coalition, Hungarian Socialist Party, Hungarian Liberal Party, Modern Hungary Movement, Together, Dialogue for Hungary, Civic Conservative Party
- Ireland: Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil, Labour Party, Social Democrats, Green Party
- Italy: Democratic Party, Forza Italia, New Centre-Right – Union of the Centre
- Latvia: Unity, Social Democratic Party "Harmony", Latvian Development
- Lithuania: Homeland Union, Social Democratic Party of Lithuania, Liberal Movement
- Luxembourg: Christian Social People's Party, Luxembourg Socialist Workers' Party, Democratic Party, The Greens
- Malta: Nationalist Party, Labour Party
- Netherlands: Democrats 66, People's Party for Freedom and Democracy, Labour Party, Christian Democratic Appeal, GroenLinks
- Poland: Civic Platform, .Modern, Polish People's Party, Democratic Left Alliance
- Portugal: Social Democratic Party, Socialist Party, Ecologist Party "The Greens", People–Animals–Nature Party, LIVRE.
- Romania: Social Democratic Party, National Liberal Party, People's Movement Party, Alliance of Liberals and Democrats, Democratic Union of Hungarians in Romania
- Slovakia: Christian Democratic Movement, Direction - Social Democracy, Most-Híd, Progressive Slovakia
- Slovenia: Modern Centre Party, Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia, Social Democrats (Slovenia), New Slovenia, Party of Alenka Bratušek, Slovenian People's Party,
- Spain: People's Party, Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, Citizens, Equo, Union, Progress and Democracy
- Sweden: Swedish Social Democratic Party, Moderate Party, Centre Party, Liberals, Christian Democrats
- United Kingdom: Liberal Democrats, Green Party of England and Wales, Plaid Cymru, Scottish National Party, Social Democratic and Labour Party, Green Party of Scotland, Women's Equality Party, Alliance Party of Northern Ireland, Green Party in Northern Ireland, Mebyon Kernow, UK European People's Party, Left Unity
Outside the EU
- Albania: Democratic Party of Albania, Socialist Party of Albania, LSI, Republican Party of Albania, Unity for Human Rights Party
- Armenia: ADL, Democratic Liberal Party, Free Democrats (Armenia), Heritage, Liberal Democratic Union of Armenia, Way Out Alliance
- Belarus: Belarusian Christian Democracy, BPF Party, United Democratic Forces of Belarus
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Democratic Party of Federalists, Serb Democratic Party, Union for a Better Future, Democratic Front, Croatian Democratic Union 1990, Union for a Better Future of BiH
- Macedonia: VMRO-DPMNE, Social Democratic Union, New Social Democratic Party, Democratic Union for Integration, Alliance for Albanians
- Georgia: Georgian Dream, European Georgia, National Movement (Georgia)
- Iceland: Social Democratic Alliance, Bright Future, Reform Party
- Montenegro: Democratic Party of Socialists of Montenegro, Social Democratic Party of Montenegro, DEMOS, Positive Montenegro, Liberal Party
- Norway: Conservative Party, Labour Party
- Moldova: Liberal Democratic Party, Democratic Party, Liberal Party, European People's Party
- Russia: Yabloko, People's Freedom Party
- Turkey: Peoples' Democratic Party, Republican People's Party, Good Party, Democratic Left Party, Democrat Party, Liberal Democratic Party
- Serbia: Democratic Party, Liberal Democratic Party, Social Democratic Party, League of Social Democrats of Vojvodina, United Serbia, Serbian Renewal Movement, New Party, Strength of Serbia Movement, Serbian Progressive Party, Socialist Party of Serbia
- Switzerland: Social Democratic Party of Switzerland, Green Party of Switzerland, Green Liberal Party of Switzerland, FDP.The Liberals, Christian Democratic People's Party of Switzerland
- Ukraine: Fatherland, Ukrainian People's Party, Our Ukraine, European Party of Ukraine, People's Front, Petro Poroshenko Bloc
Multinational European partnerships
- An international organisation whose stated aim is to uphold human rights, democracy, rule of law in Europe and to promote European culture.
- It has 47 member states, with approximately 820 million people
- The world's largest security-oriented intergovernmental organization, with 57 participating states mostly in Europe and the Northern Hemisphere.
- European Federalist Party
- European Union as an emerging superpower
- Federalisation of the European Union
- Pan-European identity
- Pulse of Europe Initiative
- United States of Europe
- Gowland, David. Britain and the European Union. Taylor & Francis, 2016. p.109
- Sadurski, Wojciech. Spreading Democracy and the Rule of Law?. Springer Science & Business Media, 2006. pp.51, 55
- Krisztina Arató, Petr Kaniok (editors). Euroscepticism and European Integration. Political Science Research Centre Zagreb, 2009. p.40
- "Austrian People's Party (ÖVP)". The Democratic Society. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Ton Notermans (January 2001). Social Democracy and Monetary Union. Berghahn Books. p. 203. ISBN 978-1-57181-806-5.
- "Austria's Freedom Party sees vote rise". BBC News. 25 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Almeida, Dimitri (107). The Impact of European Integration on Political Parties: Beyond the Permissive Consensus. Routledge. p. 107.
- Nathaniel Copsey; Tim Haughton (2009). The JCMS Annual Review of the European Union in 2008. John Wiley & Sons. p. 56. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Richard Davis Anderson (2001). "Postcommunism and the Theory of Democracy". Princeton University Press. p. 147. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Donatella M. Viola (2015). Routledge Handbook of European Elections. Routledge. p. 639. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Statut" (PDF). HDZ. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "Evropa je prostorem společných hodnot". KDU-ČSL. 10 Dec 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Předseda Pirátů Bartoš: Nejsme vítači migrantů a jít do vlády se nebojíme. Novinky.cz. Published on September 10, 2017
- "Česko by bez pomoci EU mohlo být popelnicí Evropy, míní Chmelař". ČSSD. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "Zelení: Evropa musí zahájit jednání o své federalizaci - Strana zelených". Zeliní. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "VOLEBNÍ PROGRAM 2017". TOP09. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Claudia Hefftler; et al. (2015). The Palgrave Handbook of National Parliaments and the European Union. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 286]. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "EU". Social Demokratiet. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Europæisk Samarbejde". Venstre. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "EU-Politik - Det Konservative Folkeparti". Det Konservative Folkeparti. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Riigikogu 2015 programm". Sotsiaal Demokraadid. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Party Platform". Keskerakond. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "SMC" (PDF). Stranka Mira Cerarja. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Program Socialne demokracije" (PDF). Social Democrats (Slovenia). Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "About". Nova Slovenija. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Program". Zavezništvo. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Temeljna načela SLS". Slovenian People's Party. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Protect Britain's place in Europe". Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Stone, Jon (25 June 2016). "Liberal Democrats pledge to keep Britain in the EU after next election". The Independent. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Mason, Rowena (14 March 2016). "Green party 'loud and proud' about backing Britain in Europe". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "Stay in EU to solve its problems, Plaid Cymru says". BBC News. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "Brexit Section". Plaid Cymru / Party of Wales. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Carrell, Severin (3 March 2016). "Scotland to campaign officially to remain in the EU". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- McDonnell, Alasdair (10 June 2016). "McDonnell Brexit Address". Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP). Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Greer, Ross (22 February 2016). "Now is the time to fight to stay in Europe ... and to reform it from the left, not the right as Cameron plans". Green Party of Scotland. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Saul, Heather (21 April 2017). "Women's Equality party manifesto: Where it stands on Brexit, work and education". The I. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Hughes, Brendan (22 February 2016). "EU referendum: Where Northern Ireland parties stand". The Irish News. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "Green Party Manifesto (2017, Westminster)" (PDF). Green Party of Northern Ireland. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "A reformed Europe - Policies and Manifesto". Mebyon Kernow. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "What we believe". UK European People's Party. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "International". Left Unity. Retrieved 7 October 2017.