5.2.0 / 2019
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows and Linux|
|Type||Package management system|
ProGet is a Package management system, designed by the Inedo software company. It allows users to host and manage personal or enterprise-wide packages, applications, and components. It was originally designed as a private NuGet (the package manager for the Microsoft development platform) manager and symbol and source server. Beginning in 2015, ProGet has expanded support, added enterprise grade features, and is targeted to fit into a DevOps methodology. Enterprises utilize ProGet to “package applications and components” with the aim of ensuring software is built only once, and deployed consistently across environments.
ProGet currently supports a growing list of package managers, including NuGet, Chocolatey, Bower, npm, Maven, PowerShell, RubyGems, Helm for Kubernetes, Debian, Python, and Visual Studio Extensions (.vsix).
ProGet also supports Docker containers, Jenkins build artifacts (through a plugin) and vulnerability scanning.
It is possible to monitor feeds from the ProGet interface; these features are also available to be managed from a number of the clients with which it interfaces.
- Feed aggregation
- Connected feed filtering by package or license
- Build/deployment server integration
- Multiple feed support
- Symbol & source server, avoiding the need for a separate symbol server for packages that contain program databases (PDBs)
- Users-based security
- Integrated LDAP
- Automatic failover
- Multi-site replication
- Cloud storage, supporting Amazon S3 and Azure Blob package stores
- Deployment records
- Package promotion
- Jenkins CI support
- Vulnerability scanning
- OSS License Filtering
- Publish directly from Visual Studio
Platform and Users
- "Artifactory vs. ProGet". inedo.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Sweeney, Devin (2018-01-10). "Inedo Has Released ProGet 5.0 the Newest Version of Their Application and Component Packager" (Press release). Ohio. Newswire. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Avoid Failure by Developing a Toolchain that Enables DevOps (Report). Gartner. 16 March 2017.
- "An Overview of the NuGet Ecosystem | codeproject.com". codeproject.com. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "Proget | Package Management Server for NuGet, npm, chocolatey, etc. | Inedo.com". inedo.com. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- "Proget 4.7 has been released". inedo.com. Archived from the original on 2017-03-09. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Nuget Ecosystem | nuget.org". nuget.org. Retrieved 2015-05-26.
- "Use ProGet to Host Your Private Packages | ihadthisideaonce.com/". ihadthisideaonce.com/. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "ProGet Azure FileShare Package Store Extension". github. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "DEPLOY YOUR NUGET PACKAGES IN PROGET WITH TFS". cellenza. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Private packages and ProGet transform Abanca's software deployments". inedo. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Sitecore with Continuous Integration and Deployment". Hishamm. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Using standard resource loaders with Ignite UI". Infragistics. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|