Tornado (ProSlide ride)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The first Tornado, Zinga at Splashin' Safari
|Speed||20 mph (32 km/h)|
|Max vertical angle||45°|
|Capacity||720 riders per hour|
The Tornado is a water slide manufactured by ProSlide Technology. It requires riders to sit in a 2-6 seater round tube. Riders drop from inside a tunnel out into the ride's main element shaped like a funnel on its side. Riders oscillate from one side to the other until they exit through the back of the funnel and into a splash pool. Many of the slides feature a conveyor belt to bring the rafts to the top. On April 13, 2012 it was announced the first 6-man Tornado would be built using Hydromagnetic technology.
- Zinga, Splashin' Safari, Best Waterpark Ride, 2003
- Super Tornado, Chimelong Paradise, International Best New Waterpark Ride, 2006
- Tornado slides have occasionally ranked in the Top 5 Waterpark Rides such as Zinga at Splashin' Safari
- Several other Tornado slides have ranked in the Top 5 New Waterpark Rides such as Funnel of Fear at WildWater Adventure
- "ProSlide to presents 6-Man HydroMAGNETIC TORNADO design at DEAL 2012". Themeparkpost.com. 2012-04-13. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Tornado 60 water ride by ProSlide: Iconic Thrills". ProSlide. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "GTA 2003" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "Attractions-Chimelong Water Park-Chimelong Resort Official Website". Chimelong.com. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "GTA 2004" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-04-03. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "GTA 2005" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ProSlide Tornados.|