|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Launched||1 December 1995|
|Owned by||Central European Media Enterprises|
|Picture format||16:9 4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Audience share||20.2% (January - October 2009, )|
|Slogan||Gândește liber (Think freely)|
|Country||Republic of Moldova|
|Headquarters||Bucharest -2, Bd. Pache Protopopescu nr.109|
|Sister channel(s)||Sport.ro, PRO.TV Internaţional, Pro Cinema, Acasa TV, MTV Romania|
|UPC Romania||Channel 03 (digital with DVR)
Channel 04 (digital)
|Meo (Portugal)||Channel 234|
Pro TV (Romanian pronunciation: [proteˈve]) is the third Romanian private TV Channel (after the now-defunct Tele7ABC and Antena 1), launched in December 1995 that reaches almost 99% of Romania’s 21.5 million people and has 48% of its broadcast schedule comprising locally produced programs. Pro TV broadcasts 24 hours a day and achieved an average all day audience of 16.5% during 2008.
Targeting urban adults 18-to-49 years old, Pro TV uses a programming strategy of top international series and movies, as well as a wide variety of local productions including news programming, local entertainment and local fiction.
The station’s local productions include entertainment shows, news programs and TV series.
- Știrile Pro TV (English: Pro TV News) is a news programme which won the 2008 International Emmy award.
- Românii au talent (English: Romania's Got Talent) The Romanian version of the Got Talent franchise.The show is presented by Smiley and Pavel Bartoș.
- Vocea României (English: The Voice of Romania) The Romanian version of the "The Voice" franchise.
- Las Fierbinți a romanian sitcom setted up in a rural place. The series follows the social and romantic lives of the inhabitants of the village.
- România, te iubesc! (English: Romania, I Love You) a show where the reporters try to show the beauty of the country and some special people who make Romania better, while also casting documentaries and investigations aimed to reveal local illegalities to be corrected by the authorities under public opinion's pressure.
- I like IT is a TV programme featuring technology and IT news, as well as computer games and robots.The programme's host is George Buhnici.
- Ce se întâmplă, doctore ? (English: What is wrong with me, doctor ?) a TV programme dealing with health problems, nutrition, maintaining health and self-care strategies.The programme is presented by Oana Cuzino.
- Apropo TV, an entertainment programme presented by Andi Moisescu discussing social themes and popular culture, usually in a funny way.
- După 20 de ani (English: 20 years later), a weekly talk-show containing interviews with romanian politicians, economists and social scientists.The talk-show name refers to the elapsed time sice the Romanian Revolution.
- MasterChef România The Romanian version of the Masterchef franchise.The show is hosted by Răzvan Fodor.
- La Maruta, hosted by Cătălin Măruță, is a one-hour live entertainment show with news about celebrities and show business.
In September 2008, Pro TV News' social campaign “Any idea what your kid is doing right now?” (Romanian: Tu știi ce mai face copilul tău?) won the International Emmy Awards for “News”, being the first TV station in Eastern Europe to win this award.
At the beginning of 2009, Pro TV won the NAB International Broadcasting Excellence Award for the social campaigns Pro TV News had developed in the previous two years.
Pro TV was the main television channel to broadcast the UEFA Champions League in Romania between 2000 and 2009. Now it is broadcasting "Cupa Romaniei" ("The Romania's Cup"),at football,the matches with Romanian teams from Europa League and the preliminaries of UEFA Champions League.
Pro TV HD