This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Interface of Process Lasso version 184.108.40.206
|Developer(s)||Bitsum LLC (Jeremy Collake)|
|Stable release||220.127.116.11 (November 12, 2016) [±]|
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
Process Lasso is a process priority optimizer for Windows developed by Jeremy Collake of Bitsum LLC. It features a graphical user interface that allows for automating various process related tasks (e.g. automatically restart process if X, or start High Performance power scheme when running, or restrain if out of control). Its ProBalance[peacock term] algorithm works by dynamically adjusting the processes priorities, in order to keep the system responsive when process(es) are consuming too many CPU cycles. 
A graphical CPUEater demo is available that shows ProBalance in action. Further, information is provided on how the algorithm works, and how the demo can be reproduced, or real-world scenarios that show the same amazing[peacock term] effect on restoring system responsiveness when a CPU heavy background process is inhibiting use of the PC.
One can also set processes exclusions, disallow programs from running, and many[which?] other features. The paid version (Pro version) has some extra features, like setting a max number of instances per process, and the ability to run the core as a system service.
Process Lasso is not a task manager replacement. It has some task manager capabilities, but the intent is to optimize and automate.
Among this program's features are the following:
- ProBalance (Dynamic priority and affinity optimization)
- SmartTrim (selective 'intelligent' virtual memory trimming)
- Gaming Mode 2.0 - A new maximum performance mode that disables CPU core parking and frequency scaling (new in 7.8).
- Persistent priorities and CPU affinities
- Process Watchdog
- Instance Count Limits
- Multi-Core Optimization
- I/O priorities (persistent or temporary)
- Power Scheme Automation
- System Responsiveness Metric
- Independent Core Engine
- Minimal Resource Use
- Fully compatible with Windows 8 (and 10)
- Available in x86-32 and x86-64 builds
The program was featured on FreewareBB, and received an "Excellent" rating from Softpedia, as well as a certification for containing no malware.
The application has a 4.63 rating (out of a possible 5) at MajorGeeks.com.
Editors at CNET gave it 'Outstanding', 4.5 of a possible 5 stars. 
- "About ProBalance". Bitsum.com. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- "Process Lasso the Windows process priority optimizer!". Bitsum.com. 2008-10-24. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- "Bitsum Technologies - Process Lasso Pro". Bitsum.com. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- "Free Download Process Lasso 3.60 - Freeware Software". Freewarebb.com. Retrieved 2011-05-27.[unreliable source?]
- "Process Lasso Review - Process Lasso Download". Softpedia. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- http://download.cnet.com/Process-Lasso/3000-2094_4-10823362.html#editorsreview. Missing or empty
- Process Lasso - Process Lasso Official website