This article was nominated for deletion. The discussion was closed on 9 October 2017 with a consensus to merge the content into the article Business process management. If you find that such action has not been taken promptly, please consider assisting in the merger instead of re-nominating the article for deletion. To discuss the merger, please use the destination article's talk page. (October 2017)
|Management of a business|
Process management is the ensemble of activities of planning and monitoring the performance of a business process. The term usually refers to the management of business processes and manufacturing processes. Business process management (BPM) and business process reengineering are interrelated, but not identical.
Process management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, techniques and systems to define, visualize, measure, control, report and improve processes with the goal to meet customer requirements profitably. It can be differentiated from program management in that program management is concerned with managing a group of inter-dependent projects. From another viewpoint, process management includes program management. In project management, process management is the use of a repeatable process to improve the outcome of the project.
...promotes the adoption of a process approach when developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system, to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- Business process orientation
- Human resource management system
- Integrated business planning
- Manufacturing process management
- Process architecture
- Total quality management
- Jörg Becker, Martin Kugeler, Michael Rosemann (eds.).Process Management. ISBN 3-540-43499-2
- Thom, William (2009), People, Process, and Performance Management in Project Management
- Source: clause 0.2 of ISO 9001:2000
- Howard Smith, Peter Fingar. Business Process Management: The Third Wave. ISBN 0-929652-33-9
- Keith Harrison-Broninski. Human Interactions: The Heart and Soul of Business Process Management. ISBN 0-929652-44-4
- Michael Hammer, James A. Champy. Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution. ISBN 0-06-662112-7
- Geary A. Rummler, Alan P. Brache. Improving Performance: How to Manage the White Space in the Organization Chart. ISBN 0-7879-0090-7
- Alan P. Brache. How Organizations Work: Taking a Holistic Approach to Enterprise Health. ISBN 0-471-20033-6
- John Jeston and Johan Nelis Business Process Management: Practical Guidelines to Successful Implementations, ISBN 0-7506-6921-7
- Kohlbacher, Markus (2010). "The effects of process orientation: A literature review". Business Process Management Journal. 16 (1): 135–152. doi:10.1108/14637151011017985.
- ABPMP.org The Association of Business Process Management Professionals
- The Association of Internal Management Consultants The nationwide network of corporate process management professionals