|Management of a business|
Process management is the ensemble of activities of planning and monitoring the performance of a business process. The term usually refers to the management of business processes and manufacturing processes. Business process management (BPM) and business process reengineering are interrelated, but not identical.
Process management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, techniques and systems to define, visualize, measure, control, report and improve processes with the goal to meet customer requirements profitably. It can be differentiated from program management in that program management is concerned with managing a group of inter-dependent projects. From another viewpoint, process management includes program management. In project management, process management is the use of a repeatable process to improve the outcome of the project.
...promotes the adoption of a process approach when developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system, to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Management
- Business process orientation
- Human Resource Management Systems
- Integrated business planning
- Manufacturing process management
- Process Architecture
- Project Management
- Program management
- Total Quality Management
- Jörg Becker, Martin Kugeler, Michael Rosemann (eds.).Process Management. ISBN 3-540-43499-2
- Thom, William (2009), People, Process, and Performance Management in Project Management
- Source: clause 0.2 of ISO 9001:2000
- Howard Smith, Peter Fingar. Business Process Management: The Third Wave. ISBN 0-929652-33-9
- Keith Harrison-Broninski. Human Interactions: The Heart and Soul of Business Process Management. ISBN 0-929652-44-4
- Michael Hammer, James A. Champy. Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution. ISBN 0-06-662112-7
- Geary A. Rummler, Alan P. Brache. Improving Performance: How to Manage the White Space in the Organization Chart. ISBN 0-7879-0090-7
- Alan P. Brache. How Organizations Work: Taking a Holistic Approach to Enterprise Health. ISBN 0-471-20033-6
- John Jeston and Johan Nelis Business Process Management: Practical Guidelines to Successful Implementations, ISBN 0-7506-6921-7
- Kohlbacher, Markus (2010). "The effects of process orientation: A literature review". Business Process Management Journal. 16 (1): 135–152. doi:10.1108/14637151011017985.
- ABPMP.org The Association of Business Process Management Professionals
- The Association of Internal Management Consultants The nationwide network of corporate process management professionals