Procion is a brand of fibre reactive dyes. They are commonly used in tie dye and other textile crafts. They are dichlorotriazine dyes and were originally made by Imperial Chemical Industries. The brand name is now owned by Dystar, but, since the patent on the dyes has expired, many manufacturers around the world now make them.
- Procion MX are a class of cold reactive dyes.
- Procion H-E and H-EXL are hot water dyes
- Procion P and SP are designed for textile printing
- "PROCION MX DYES". Kemtex Educational Supplies. 2011.
- Procion MX codes
- "What other brand names are Procion MX type dyes sold under?". Paula Burch. 22 Feb 2003.
- "PROCION P and SP DYES". Kemtex Educational Supplies. 2011.
- "PROCION H-E and H-EXL DYES". Kemtex Educational Supplies. 2011.
- "Procion H dyes". All About Hand Dyeing. Paula Burch. 30 June 2012.
|This textile arts article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|