Prodanza Ballet Academy
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Center Prodanza of Cuba is a Cuban school of classical ballet, dance, and synchronized swimming over many different traditions and genres. The Center has produced several prominent ballet dancers and has a ballet company that has toured South America and the Caribbean region
The Prodanza Center has approximately 464 students from ages four to 15 who are receiving technical training in ballet, acting, makeup and fitness. The Center strives to provide a consistent training methodology to prepare dances for the teaching methodology and technique of the Cuban school of ballet. Alumni of this program include:
- José Manuel Carreño, principal dancer of American Ballet Theatre
- Xiomara Reyes, prima ballerina of American Ballet Theatre
- Arionel Vargas, solo Royal Winnipeg Ballet of Canada
- Yat-Sen Chang, first dancer of the English National Ballet
Prodanza is a tradition of conducting important annual events like the summer Cuballet the academic year for teachers, martial arts course and its relationship to dance, dance workshop and academic year-round professional training courses, counting these with the participation of dancers from various countries.
The Prodanza Center sponsors the following four programs:
Laura Alonso Ballet company
Founded in 1995, the company performs over 100 times per year in three theaters in Cuba. Its repertoire includes: The Nutcracker, Coppelia, Don Quixote, The Corsair, Swan Lake, La Bayadere, La Fille Mal Gardee, La Sylphide, The Three Musketeers, Dracula, and Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges Yarini. The company also programs Pas de deux concerts with classical and original works by contemporary choreographers.
Los Pinos Nuevos school
I play company
Blue Water Ballet Dance company
Created in 1991, its repertoire is synchronized swimming technique in choreography inspired by fusion, folk, popular and contemporary. Presented in national and international stages.
Each summer the Center sponsors Cuballet, a summer school for professional dancers and ballet students age 10 and over from all countries. It offers programs for dancers and dance teachers.
The Laura Alonso Ballet Company has performed in Jamaica, Guadalupe, Brazil and Mexico. It currently holds two annual events in January in Brazil
Areas of cultural cooperation
- Company artistic presentations Laura Alonso: complete ballets and concerts functions.
- Cuballet realization of the international event.
- Professional and technical advice to the academies.
- Professional training of dancers and waiters in Cuba or abroad.
- Vocational training of dancers in Cuba or abroad.
- Scholarships for artistic talents in the field of ballet for professional courses in Cuba.
The Swan Lake
La Fille Mal Gardee
La Sylphide and the Scotsman
The Three Musketeers
Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges
Diana and Actaeon (pas de deux)
Giselle (pas de deux)
Grand pas de quatre
Sleeping Beauty (pas de deux)
The Flames of Paris (pas de deux)
The Dying Swan (male version)
The Dying Swan (female version)
Raymonda (pas de deux)