Prodotto agroalimentare tradizionale
Prodotto agroalimentare tradizionale (PAT) is an official approval for traditional Italian regional food products similar to the Protected Geographical Status of the European Union. A list of approved products is published by the Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies. It lists only products that do not qualify for pan-European approval, and as such PAT is only applicable within Italy.
The denomination is attributed by each regional government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies.
PAT products are classified in ten categories: drinks; meats; condiments; cheeses; oils and fats; vegetables and vegetable products; pasta, bread and patisserie; delicatessen; fish and seafood; and products of animal origin other than those above.
- List of Italian products with protected designation of origin
- Denominazione di origine controllata
- Denominazione comunale d'origine
- Tredicesima revisione dell'elenco dei prodotti agroalimentari tradizionali Archived 27 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine (in Italian). Rome: Ministero delle politiche agricole alimentari e forestali. Accessed June 2014.
- Allegato al decreto PAT 2019 (in Italian). Ministero delle politiche agricole alimentari, forestali e del turismo. Accessed November 2021.