Prodotto agroalimentare tradizionale
Prodotto agroalimentare tradizionale (PAT), is an official approval for traditional Italian regional food products similar to the Protected Geographical Status of the European Union. A list of approved products is published by the Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies. It lists only products that do not qualify for pan-European approval, and as such PAT is only applicable within Italy.
The denomination is attributed by each regional government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies.
Traditional agri-food products are divided into the following sectors:
- Non-alcoholic beverages, distillates and liqueurs
- Fresh meat (and offal) and their preparations
- Fats (butter, margarine, oils)
- Fresh pasta and bakery, pastry, biscuits and confectionery products
- Compound plates
- Preparations of fish, molluscs and crustaceans and special breeding techniques of them
- Products of gastronomy
- Products of animal origin (honey, various dairy products excluding butter)
- Plant products in the natural or transformed state.
- Tredicesima revisione dell'elenco dei prodotti agroalimentari tradizionali Archived 27 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine (in Italian). Rome: Ministero delle politiche agricole alimentari e forestali. Accessed June 2014.
- Prodotti agroalimentari tradizionali 2018 (in Italian). Ministero delle politiche agricole alimentari, forestali e del turismo. Accessed January 2019.