Professor (1962 film)
|Directed by||Lekh Tandon|
|Produced by||F. C. Mehra|
|Written by||Abrar Alvi|
|Music by||Shankar Jaikishan|
|Edited by||Pran Mehra|
Professor is a 1962 Hindi movie, produced by F. C. Mehra and directed by Lekh Tandon. The film stars Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana, Bela Bose, Lalita Pawar, Tun Tun, and Iftekhar. The film's music is by Shankar Jaikishan. The film became a box office hit. The film was remade in Tamil as Nadigan (1990), in Telugu as Bhale Mastaru (1969), Peddinti Alludu (1991) and in Kannada as Gopi Krishna.
Shammi Kapoor plays Pritam, a young man who desperately needs a job to pay for his mother's tuberculosis treatment. He finds out about a job tutoring two young women and two schoolgoing children - the catch is that their guardian, Sita Devi Verma (Lalita Pawar), will only hire an old man for the job. Pritam disguises himself as an old man and takes the job. The situation is very tense between the young women and their aunt as the girls' parents have recently died and Sita Devi was given the responsibility of the caretaking the children. While Pritam's young avatar is romancing one of his two young tutoring charges (Kalpana), his old avatar is romancing their guardian.
- Shammi Kapoor...Professor Pritam Khanna
- Kalpana...Neena Verma
- Lalita Pawar...Sita Devi Verma
- Parveen Choudhary...Rita Verma
- Pratima Devi...Mrs. Khanna
- Rashid Khan... Hanuman Singh
- Bela Bose...Mrs. Singh
- Tun Tun...Phool Rani
All the songs were composed by Shankar Jaikishan.
|1||Koi Ayega||Asha Bhosle, Lata Mangeshkar||Hasrat Jaipuri||03:16||Picturised on Kalpana and Parveen Choudhary|
|2||Yeh Umar Hai||Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar, Manna Dey||Hasrat Jaipuri||03:26||Picturised on Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana and Parveen Choudhary|
|3||Main Chali Main Chali||Mohammad Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar||Shailendra||03:03||Picturised on Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana|
|4||Aye Gulbadan||Mohammad Rafi||Hasrat Jaipuri||03:18||Picturised on Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana|
|5||Khuli Palak Mein Jhoota Gussa||Mohammad Rafi||Shailendra||03:06||Picturised on Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana|
|6||Aawaz Deke Humein Tum Bulao||Mohammad Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar||Hasrat Jaipuri||03:08||Picturised on Shammi Kapoor, Kalpana|
Awards and nominations
- Won: Filmfare Best Music Director Award - Shankar Jaikishan
- Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Actor - Shammi Kapoor
- Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Lalita Pawar
- Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist - Hasrat Jaipuri for the song "Aye Gulbadan"
- Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Mohammed Rafi for the song "Aye Gulbadan"