|Country of origin||UK|
|Distribution||The Book Service|
|Fiction genres||Nonfiction, Fiction|
|Imprints||Serpent’s Tail, The Clerkenwell Press, Tindal Street Press|
Profile Books is a British independent book publishing firm founded in 1996. It publishes non-fiction subjects including history, biography, memoir, politics, current affairs, travel and popular science.
In 2003 the company published Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss which was the bestselling non-fiction title for 30 weeks and the Book of the Year at the British Book Awards 2004, at which the company also won the Small Publisher of the Year award.
In January 2007 Profile Books acquired Serpent's Tail, bringing together two small publishers in London. In 2008 Profile set up an ethical imprint GreenProfile under the direction of Mark Ellingham, the founder of Rough Guides.
Authors include Mary Beard, Alan Bennett, Susan Hill, Ian Stewart (mathematician), Jonathan Dimbleby, Sandi Toksvig, Simon Garfield, Robert Greene, Richard Mabey, Simon Jenkins, Margaret MacMillan, David Harvey and Francesca Simon.
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves (2003).
- Just My Type (2010)
- The Small Hand (2010)
- Howards End is on the Landing (2010)
- The Woman in Black (2011)
- The Man in the Picture (2012)
- Dolly (2012)
- Mountains Beyond Mountains (2011)
- Deadly Waters (2011)
Patricia and Robert Malcolmson, Nella Last
- Nella Last in the 1950s (2010)
James A Robinson, Daron Acemoğlu
- Why Nations Fail (2013)
- The Lady in the Van (1999)
- Four Stories (2006)
- The Uncommon Reader (2007)
- A Life Like Other People's (2009)
- Smut (2011)
- The Parthenon (2009)
- Pompeii (2009)
- It's Don's Life (2009)
- The Colosseum (2011)
- All in a Don's Day (2012)
- Confronting the Classics (2013)
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome (2015)
- A Short History of England (2011)
- England's 100 Best Views (2013)
- Destiny in the Desert]] (2012)
- The Enigma of Capital and the Crises of Capitalism (2011)
- Seventeen Contradictions and the End of Capitalism (2014)
- Adventures in Stationery (2014)
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves was Book of the Year at Specsavers National Book Awards 2004
- Vermeer's Hat won the Mark Lynton History Prize in 2009
- Catching Fire was shortlisted for the Samuel Johnson Prize in 2010
- Just My Type won Best British Book at the British Book Design and Production Awards 2011
- The Small Hand won a Best Jacket / Cover Design award at the British Book Design and Production Awards 2011
- Mountains Beyond Mountains won a BMA Medical Book Award
- Nella Last in the 1950s was shortlisted for the Portico Prize in 2012
- Why Nations Fail won the Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award in 2012
- "Independent Alliance". The Bookseller. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Just My Type at the British Book Design and Production Awards". Just My Type. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "The Small Hand at the British Book Design and Production Awards". The Small Hand. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Nella Last in the 1950s shortlisted for Portico Prize 2012". Nella Last in the 1950s.
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|