|Running time||2 hours|
(7:00 – 9:00 a.m. ET)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||NBC Sports Radio (2015–20)|
Sirius XM 211 (2020)
|Original release||January 5, 2015 – present|
Profootballtalk.com (PFT) is a website covering news from the National Football League. The site has a blog format with short posts that usually include links to the original source of the news along with some commentary and analysis.
The main focus of the site is the "Daily Rumor Mill" consisting of postings of the aforementioned news items as well as editorializing by Florio. Throughout the season, weekly rankings of players at various positions for fantasy football are posted.
The site was created on November 1, 2001, by Florio, who is also the site's primary editor and contributor. Florio is responsible for the multiple daily updates to the primary page of the site, the "Daily Rumor Mill." In addition, content such as satirical photo-illustrations and periodic live blogs by Florio of NFL games or the draft.
|Mike Florio||Main contributor||Aside from his work on the website and appearances during halftime of Notre Dame games on NBC with Peter King, Florio works as a lawyer. He resides in West Virginia. Before creating the site, Florio worked at ESPN.com for a week.|
|Gregg Rosenthal||Contributor||Joined the writing staff following the affiliate agreement with NBC. Moved on to NFL.com in March 2012.|
|Michael David Smith||Contributor||Re-joined the writing staff in 2009 while still working for FanHouse|
|Josh Alper||Contributor||Author of "one-liners," short team-by-team news blurbs posted at least once a day|
|James Clinton||Technical Design||JetBlackNinja handles the design and layout of the site.|
|Joe Brocato||PFTV Contributor||Participated in the PFTV segments by asking Mike Florio questions. His day job is a sports reporter for a local West Virginia TV station. Left the site before the NBC Deal|
|Ted Sundquist||Twice a week contributor||Former Broncos GM that writes previews and reviews of three high-profile games per week, going over several 'keys to success. His stay was short on PFT'|
Former contributing writers include Tom Curran and Aaron Wilson.
Site sections / elements
- Draft – Draft order list and trade value charts.
- Events – Listing of radio appearances.
- Fantasy Mill – Embedded content from Rotoworld.com concerning NFL Fantasy information.
- Live Blogs – Florio holds live chats with fans during NFL events, such as games, the draft and personnel retirement press conferences
- Media – Links to audio and video content supplemental to the main site content. Also contains link to sister site CollegeFootballTalk.com
- Power Rankings – Ranking the 32 NFL Franchises, commenting on each as they're ranked.
- PFT Gear – External link to merchandise available for purchase.
- Rumor Mill – The main aspect of the site. Multiple articles are posted every day on all sorts of NFL related information.
- Teams – Contains links to individual team websites (official and unofficial), message boards and updated daily news links.
- Agent Talk – a column written by Ron Del Ducca
- All-Turd teams – Annual 'All-turd' teams and 'Hall of Turds' inductions, which feature lists of players that Florio asserts are the worst "characters" of the NFL; discontinued in 2009 upon affiliating with NBCSports.com
- Dante's Draft Links – a person claiming to be medieval poet Dante Alighieri ranked (made fun of) NFL draft websites
- The Dirty Dozen – Florio's list of the 12 worst NFL franchise
- Interviews – Interviews with Matt Birk, Antonio Bryant, Ben Leber, and Steve McKinney
- Media Mutterings – a column written by Gene Amadao
- Pic of the Day – Contained satirical pictures (often photoshopped) made by Taco Bill.
- PFT Chronicles – a cartoon series about ProFootballTalk put together by "Tech Guy Sean"
- The Simple Truth – A column by Fox Sports's Jason Smith
- Turd Watch – Tracking the arrests of every member of NFL organizations and assigned points in a ranking system; discontinued in 2009 upon affiliating with NBCSports.com
ProFootballTalk posted and thus spread the unconfirmed rumor on January 25, 2007 that broadcaster and former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw had died in a car accident. This proved to be incorrect.
A similar instance occurred on September 14, 2009 when the crew of Profootballtalk.com erroneously reported a quote from Keyshawn Johnson in referring to Joe Flacco as a "bum". A correction to this was posted on the September 15.
- Farmer, Sam (June 15, 2009). "Profootballtalk.com acquired by NBC". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Peacock to Become Exclusive Live Streaming Home of "PFT Live with Mike Florio"". The Futon Critic. August 11, 2020.
- "Ravens offense explodes, on and off the field". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "apparently-keyshawn-called-no-one-a-bum". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2009-09-14.