|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Landsvägen 57, Sundbyberg,|
It was founded in 1968 by Conny Dufgran and Eckhard Heine in Stockholm.
Profoto AB was founded in Stockholm, 1968, by Conny Dufgran, photography equipment retailer, and Eckhard Heine, photographer and engineer. Several notable professionals have used different Profoto products during their careers, such as Annie Leibovitz, Herb Ritts, and David LaChapelle.
The product range is mainly focused on studio photography, and includes battery powered flash generators for situations where portability is needed. There are remote control units that can be attached to a digital camera's flash socket and take advantage of flash synchronization and automatic through-the-lens measuring functionalities. Profoto also sells speed rings, softboxes, rasters, and other tools that shape the light cone. The battery powered AirTTL flash units B1 and B2 have been noted for their robustness and portability. At Photokina 2016 in Germany, Profoto launched AirTTL studio flashes D2 and Pro-10, as well as the Air Remote TTL-S which was made in collaboration with Sony.
- "Profoto Aktiebolag - Företagsinformation". Alla Bolag. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Profoto - About Us". Profoto. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Waikla, Reet (1 December 2005). "Lyser upp i svenska fotomörkret". Dagens Industri. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Fröderberg, Magnus (2 March 2015). "Flera blixtar från Profoto med TTL-automatik och HSS". Proffsfoto. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Fröderberg, Magnus (27 January 2014). "TEST: Profoto B1 - Portabelt studioljus med trådlös TTL-automatik". Proffsfoto. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Luthman, Bengt (2 March 2015). "Profoto B2 – mångsidigt och ännu smidigare". Kamera & bild. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Agfors, Martin (24 September 2016). "Vi pratar blixtteknik med Profoto". Fotosidan. Retrieved 13 October 2016.