From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up progress in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Progress|
Progress may refer to:
- Progress (history), the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.
- Social progress, the idea that societies can or do improve in terms of their social, political, and economic structures.
- Scientific progress, the idea that science increases its problem solving ability through the application of some scientific method.
- Philosophical progress, the idea that philosophy has solved or at least can solve some of the questions it studies.
- Idea of Progress, the theory that scientific progress drives social progress; that advances in technology, science, and social organization inevitably produce an improvement in the human condition.
- Progress trap, the condition societies find themselves in when human ingenuity, in pursuing progress, inadvertently introduces problems that it does not have the resources to solve, preventing further progress or inciting social collapse.
- Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts, the main venue for the performing arts in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Progress Energy Park, 7,227 seat baseball stadium located on the downtown St. Petersburg, Florida waterfront
- Progress Energy Resources, Canadian oil and gas exploration and extraction company
- Progress Energy Inc, American power generation and distribution company
- Progress Publishers, Moscow-based Soviet publisher
- Progress Software Corporation, the creator of Progress 4GL
- Progress State Research and Production Rocket Space Center, Samara-based Russian space company
- Ivchenko-Progress, a Ukrainian aero-engine manufacturer
- Progress in artificial intelligence
- Progress 4GL, now known as OpenEdge Advanced Business Language, a programming language developed by Progress Software
- Progress indicator, a component in a user interface to convey the progress of a task
- In the United States
- Progress, California
- Progress, Indiana
- Progress, Mississippi
- Progress, Oregon
- Progress, Pennsylvania
- Progress Village, Florida
- Progress Station, Antarctica
- Rural Municipality of Progress No. 351, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Progress, Chuy, Kyrgyzstan
- Progress, Russia (disambiguation), several inhabited localities in Russia
- Progress (book), 2015 book by Fran Lebowitz
Film, TV and theatre
- "Progress" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), TV series episode
- Progress Theatre, theatre in Berkshire, England
- Progress (Big Youth album), 1979
- Progress (EP), EP by Pedro the Lion
- Progress (Michael Giles album)
- Progress (Rx Bandits album), 2001
- Progress (Show-Ya album)
- Progress (Take That album)
- Progress (Ultraspank album)
- Progressed (EP), by Take That
- "Progress" (song), a 2011 song by Ayumi Hamasaki
- "Progress", a 1967 song by The Pretty Things recorded for Emotions
- "Progress", a 1980 song by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark from Organisation
- "Progress", a 1984 song by Nik Kershaw included on The Best of Nik Kershaw
- "Progress", a 1990 song by Midnight Oil from Essential Oils
Politics and government
- Progress Party (disambiguation)
- Progress (organisation), political think-tank associated with the moderate wing of British Labour Party
- Royal progress, formal tour of the state by its monarch
- Evolutionary progress, the idea that there is a largest-scale trend in evolution of organisms and that the trend is toward improvement or adaptation to changing environmental conditions
- Progress D-27, propfan engine that the U.S.S.R company developed in the 1980s for commercial and military transport aircraft
- Progress (spacecraft), Russian expendable unmanned freighter spacecraft
- Progress (train), which ran between Prague, Czechoslovakia, and the German Democratic Republic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Progress.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.