Progress M-51 departing the ISS
|Mission type||ISS resupply|
|Spacecraft type||Progress-M 11F615A55|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||23 December 2004, 22:19:34UTC|
|Launch site||Baikonur Site 1/5|
|End of mission|
|Decay date||9 March 2005, 17:03:11UTC|
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking port||Zvezda Aft|
|Docking date||25 December 2004, 23:57:45 UTC|
|Undocking date||27 February 2005, 16:06:30 UTC|
|Time docked||2 months|
Progress M-51 (Russian: Прогресс М-51), identified by NASA as Progress 16 or 16P, was a Progress spacecraft used to resupply the International Space Station. It was a Progress-M 11F615A55 spacecraft, with the serial number 351.
Progress M-51 was launched by a Soyuz-U carrier rocket from Site 1/5 at the Baikonur Cosmodrome. Launch occurred at 22:19:34 GMT on 23 December 2004. The spacecraft docked with the Aft port of the Zvezda module at 23:57:45 GMT on 25 December. It remained docked for two months before undocking at 16:06:30 GMT on 27 February 2005 to make way for Progress M-52. Between undocking and deorbit, Progress M-51 was used for a series of tests. It was deorbited at 16:17:00 GMT on 9 March 2005. The spacecraft burned up in the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean, with any remaining debris landing in the ocean at around 17:03:11 GMT.
Progress M-51 carried supplies to the International Space Station, including food, water and oxygen for the crew and equipment for conducting scientific research.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Launch Log". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Anikeev, Alexander. "Cargo spacecraft "Progress M-51"". Manned Astronautics - Figures & Facts. Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Wade, Mark. "Progress M". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Archived from the original on 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Zak, Anatoly. "Progress cargo ship". RussianSpaceWeb. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Satellite Catalog". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
|This article about one or more spacecraft of the Russian Federation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|