Progress M-52 departing the ISS
|Mission type||ISS resupply|
|Spacecraft type||Progress-M 11F615A55|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||28 February 2005, 19:09:18UTC|
|Launch site||Baikonur Site 1/5|
|End of mission|
|Decay date||16 June 2005, 00:02:41UTC|
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking port||Zvezda Aft|
|Docking date||2 March 2005, 20:10:08 UTC|
|Undocking date||15 June 2005, 20:16:10 UTC|
|Time docked||3½ months|
Progress M-52 (Russian: Прогресс М-52), identified by NASA as Progress 17 or 17P, was a Progress spacecraft used to resupply the International Space Station. It was a Progress-M 11F615A55 spacecraft, with the serial number 352.
Progress M-52 was launched by a Soyuz-U carrier rocket from Site 1/5 at the Baikonur Cosmodrome. Launch occurred at 19:09:18 GMT on 28 February 2005. The spacecraft docked with the Aft port of the Zvezda module at 20:10:08 GMT on 2 March. It remained docked for three and a half months before undocking at 20:16:10 GMT on 15 June 2005 to make way for Progress M-53. It was deorbited at 23:16:00 GMT on 15 June 2005. The spacecraft burned up in the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean, with any remaining debris landing in the ocean at around 00:02:41 GMT on 16 June.
Progress M-52 carried supplies to the International Space Station, including food, water and oxygen for the crew and equipment for conducting scientific research. It also carried the TNS-0 nanosatellite, which was deployed from the ISS on 28 March at 08:30 GMT.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Launch Log". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Anikeev, Alexander. "Cargo spacecraft "Progress M-52"". Manned Astronautics - Figures & Facts. Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Wade, Mark. "Progress M". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Archived from the original on 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Zak, Anatoly. "Progress cargo ship". RussianSpaceWeb. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Satellite Catalog". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
|This article about one or more spacecraft of the Russian Federation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|