|Motto||"A Future Worth Fighting For"|
|Headquarters||1825 K St. NW Suite 450, Washington, DC, 20006|
Progressive Majority is an American political action committee that recruits, trains, and campaigns on behalf of progressive politicians for state and local offices. Founded in 2001, the group's stated mission is "to elect progressive champions."
When founded, Progressive Majority assisted progressive candidates in both state and federal elections. After one election cycle, the organization decided to focus on down-ballot races in order to build a pipeline or farm team of progressive candidates for higher office. In order to receive the backing of Progressive Majority, prospective candidates must receive a 100 percent score on a forty-item questionnaire that tests their commitment to "economic justice and civil rights, including gay rights, public education, universal healthcare, environmental protection and abortion."
Offices were opened in Washington, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania in 2004, and the organization expanded to Colorado and Arizona in 2005. The California office opened in 2006, and offices opened in Minnesota and Ohio in 2007. Progressive journalist John Nichols of The Nation credited Progressive Majority with helping the Democratic Party achieve state legislative victories in 2006.
- vanden Heuvel, Katrina (December 7, 2003). "Building A Progressive Majority". The Nation. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Gitlin, Todd (2007). The Bulldozer and the Big Tent: Blind Republicans, Lame Democrats, and the Recovery of American Ideals. John Wiley & Sons. p. 266. ISBN 9780471748533.
- "About Us". Progressive Majority. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Coniff, Ruth (June 26, 2006). "How to Build a Farm Team". The Nation. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Nichols, John (December 29, 2006). "Most Valuable Progressives of 2006", The Nation.
- Malbin, Michael (2006). The Election After Reform: Money, Politics, and the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 131. ISBN 9780742538702.
- Markay, Lachlan (May 19, 2014). "Democracy Alliance Network Revealed". Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved 23 April 2015.