|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bentley ProjectWise V8i
10.00.00.20 / 9/1/2015
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Platform||Windows 7/Windows 8.1|
ProjectWise is a suite of engineering project collaboration software from Bentley Systems designed for the architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) industries. It helps project teams to manage, share and distribute engineering project content and review in a single platform. While ProjectWise can manage any type of CAD, BIM, geospatial and project data, it integrates with Bentley applications, and other products including Autodesk software and Microsoft Office. 
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In August 1995 Bentley formalized a relationship with Opti inter-Consult, signed them as a Strategic Affiliate and took on a partial ownership in the company. Opti Inter-Consult was a small Finland based company that was founded in 1990. It was the developer of TeamMate, which was a Document Management System exclusively distributed by Bentley. Opti Inter-Consult had a suite of products based on Document Management and Facility Management.
The following year Bentley acquired the remaining shares of Opti Inter-Consult and split the two product lines in half. The Facilities Management products went to a newly formed joint venture with Primavera named WorkPlace Systems. WorkPlace Systems developed several products including ActiveAsset Manager, ActiveAsset Planner, and ActiveAsset Inquirer.
TeamMate was merged with Bentley development and in 1996 MicroStation TeamMate 96 was released. This version was focused on MicroStation support, but also handled other formats and applications such as Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. TeamMate also had metadata, file history, versions, and Query By Example to locate files.
In 1998 TeamMate was rebranded to the name ‘ProjectWise’. ProjectWise 3.xx was released early 2000 and over the next two years added features that included the Web Explorer Lite, which was the first web client. Document level security, DWG redlining, and the document creation wizard were also added.
ProjectWise V8 started the modern era of ProjectWise. The January 2003 release included such innovations as the Preview Pane, Workspace Profiles, Components, Audit Trail, and the Distribution System. Over the next few years we saw 2004 and V8 XM Edition ProjectWise releases. These releases included Full Text Search, Thumbnails, DGN Indexing, Managed Workspaces, and SharePoint Web Parts. Late in 2008, the first V8i release of ProjectWise was introduced. It included Delta File Transfer, the Web View Server, Spatial Navigation, the Quick Search tool bar and auto login to integrated applications. Over the next several years SELECTseries releases (one through four) have included Revit and Civil3D integration, as well at Transmittals, Dynamic Composition Server, Point Cloud Streaming, and Dynamic Plotting.
|Official name||version||release||date of release||comments|
|TeamMate 96||96||2||1996, December|
|ProjectWise||03.01.xx.xx||4||2000, May||Document Level Security|
|ProjectWise||03.02.xx.xx||5||2001, May||DWG Redlining, Windows Extensions, Document Creation Wizards, Web Explorer Lite|
|ProjectWise V8||08.01.xx.xx||6||2003, January||Audit Trail, updated Web Explorer Lite, Preview Pane, Workspace Profiles, Components, Distribution System|
|ProjectWise 2004||08.05.xx.xx||7||2004, May||New WEL, Full Text Search, Thumbnails, DGN Indexing|
|ProjectWise V8 XM||08.09.xx.xx||8||2006, June||SharePoint Web Parts, Projects, Managed Workspaces|
|ProjectWise V8i||08.11.xx.xx||9||2008, November||Delta File Transfer, Web View Server, Spatial Navigation, Quick Search Bar, Auto-login to integrated Apps|
|ProjectWise V8i (SELECTseries 1)||08.11.07.xx (08.11.07.107+)||10||2009, November||Windows 7, AutoCAD 2010, ProjectWise i-model Composer, Navigator Markups|
|ProjectWise V8i (SELECTseries 2)||08.11.07.xx (08.11.07.443+)||11||2010, July||SharePoint 2010, Dependency Services, PDx Dynamic Review, Revit Integration|
|ProjectWise V8i (SELECTseries 3)||08.11.09.xx (08.11.09.91)||12||2011, February||Navigator WebPart, AutoCAD & Revit 32/64 bit support, Granular Administration, Performance enhancements for high latency networks|
|ProjectWise V8i (SELECTseries 4)||08.11.11.xx (08.11.11.111)||13||2012, May||Native 64 bit server, Transmittals, Dynamic Composition Server, Citrix, ProjectWise Web Services, Point Cloud Streaming|
|ProjectWise V8i (SELECTseries 4 Update)||08.11.11.xx (08.11.11.559)||14||2013, April||Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, DGN & i-model view in client, Rules Engine, Dynamic Rights Management, i-Model viewer for SP3D|
|ProjectWise CONNECT Edition (PWCE)||10.00.00.xx (10.00.00.15)||15||2015, September||PowerShell, Deliverables Management, Project Performance Dashboards, Project Sharing Services|
- "ProjectWise Project Team Collaboration Software Products". Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "ProjectWise Integration Server Overview". Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- "Software: Toronto seminar reviews Bentley Systems' ProjectWise tool".
- Williams, T. (2007). Information Technology for Construction Managers, Architects and Engineers. Thomson Delmar Learning. pp. 6–17. ISBN 978-1-4180-3958-5. (subscription required)
- Asian Architect and Contractor. Thompson Press Hong Kong. 2003. pp. 146–147.
- Eynon, J. (2016). Construction Manager's BIM Handbook. Wiley. pp. 216– . ISBN 978-1-118-89646-4. (subscription required)
- Eastman, C.; Teicholz, P.; Sacks, R.; Liston, K. (2011). BIM Handbook: A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors. Wiley. pp. 144– . ISBN 978-1-118-02169-9. (subscription required)
- Official website
- ProjectWise Forums at BE Communities by Bentley
- Microsoft Customer Solution Manufacturing Industry Case Study at Microsoft.com
- ENR Top Firms Choose Bentley’s ProjectWise for Project Work Sharing and Substantive Collaboration at Bentley
- Offshore Top 5 Projects 2015 at Offshore Magazine
- Connect Project Teams with AutoCAD and ProjectWise at Cadalyst.com
- ProjectWise Collaboration and Work Sharing Advantages at Benzinga.com
- Bentley’s New ProjectWise Essentials at Reuters.com
- Bentley Conference at ArchitectureWeek.com
- ProjectWiseBlog at ProjectWiseBlog.com