This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||40-42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||The Weinstein Company Television|
|Original release||October 28 –|
December 22, 2011
Project Accessory, is an American reality television series, a spin-off of the series Project Runway. It began airing on Lifetime on October 28, 2011. On the show, contestants were given challenges in which they must create various fashion accessories (ranging from jewelry and headpieces to handbags and shoes) with restrictions for materials, subject matter, and time. One or more contestants were eliminated each episode after appearing before a judging panel.
- 1 Judges and mentor
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Episodes
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Judges and mentor
- Molly Sims - Host and judge
- Kenneth Cole - American fashion designer, activist
- Ariel Foxman - Editor, InStyle Magazine
- Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti - Mentor
|Designer||Age||Place of Residence||Finish|
|Christina Caruso||33||New York||5th|
- The designer won Project Accessory.
- The designer won the challenge.
- The designer was in the top two, or the first announced into the top 3, but did not win.
- The designer had one of the highest scores for that challenge, but did not place in the top two.
- The designer had one of the lowest scores for that challenge, but was not in the bottom two.
- The designer was in the bottom two, but was not eliminated.
- The designer was eliminated from the competition.
The judges announce the safe designers. The remaining designers are labeled as either the highest or lowest scoring designers. These designers are given critiques and are then told to leave the runway. Once they are brought back, the other designers that aren't in the top two are announced safe. Then the winner is announced, and the remaining top designer is in the top 2. The remaining designers are the lowest scoring designers. The people who aren't in the bottom two are announced safe. The bottom two remain, and one is then eliminated.
Episode 1: Accessorize This?!
The 12 designers were welcomed by host and mentor at a storage facility in which they had to make a necklace, a belt and another accessory of their choice using materials found in the storage facilities. Original Airdate: October 27, 2011
- Guest Judge: Debra Messing
- WINNER: Nina Cortes
- ELIMINATED: Cotrice
Episode 2: Sole Searching
The remaining 11 designers were sent to the Swarovski Crystal store where they picked a piece to inspire them. They had to make a pair of shoes as well as two accessories. Original Airdate: November 3, 2011
- Guest Judge: Nadja Swarovski
- WINNER: James Sommerfeldt
- ELIMINATED: Kelly
Episode 3: Bling It On
The designers are given 24 hours to complete their next challenge, but Eva drops a surprise on them. Original Airdate: November 10, 2011
- Guest Judge: Kelly Osbourne
- WINNER: Christina Caruso
- ELIMINATED: David Greico, Nicolina Royale
Episode 4: Its in the Bag
The designers are matched with an eBay customer featured on the site for their unique fashion sense. Original Airdate: November 17, 2011
- Guest Judge: Kara Ross, Rebecca Minkoff
- WINNER: Diego Rocha
- ELIMINATED: James Sommerfeldt
Episode 5: Beach Blanket Blingo
The designers go to the beach for a challenge. Original Airdate: December 1, 2011
- WINNER: Brian Burkhardt
- ELIMINATED: Shea Curry
Episode 6: Fall for Kenneth
The designers go on a field trip to a fashion magnate's headquarters and discover a coveted prize. Original Airdate: December 8, 2011
- Guest Judge: Alexa Chung
- WINNER: Brian Burkhardt
- ELIMINATED: Adrian Dana
Episode 7: Bugging Out
The designers search for inspiration at a curiosity shop to create a signature accessory. Original Airdate: December 15, 2011
- Guest Judge: Brian Atwood
- WINNER: Rich Sandomeno
- ELIMINATED: Christina Curoso, Diego Rocha
Episode 8: Finale
The season concludes with the final three designers presenting their creations to New York's fashion elite. In a plot twist, each of the three finalists is allowed to choose a partner to help finish their collections. Brian Burkhardt enlists shoemaker James Sommerfeldt, Rich Sandomeno chooses handbag designer Diego Rocha, and Nina Cortes picks handbag designer Kelly Horton. Later, the winner is selected by the judges. Original Airdate: December 22, 2011
- Guest Judge: Lorraine Schwartz
- WINNER: Brian Burkhardt, with shoes and accessories made by James Sommerfeldt
- ELIMINATED: Nina Cortes, Rich Sandomeno