Project Catwalk (series 1)
The first series of Project Catwalk was hosted by Elizabeth Hurley and featured 12 fashion designers in a competition finding who was the most talented. Kirsty Doyle won the competition, receiving a feature in the British version of Elle Magazine among other prizes.
- 1 Series 1 Contestants
- 2 Series 1 Challenges
- 3 Series 1 Fashion Models
- 4 Series 1 Episodes
- 4.1 Episode 1: Innovation
- 4.2 Episode 2: Vision
- 4.3 Episode 3: Commercial Appeal
- 4.4 Episode 4: Collaboration
- 4.5 Episode 5: "Model" Clients
- 4.6 Episode 6: Rags to Riches
- 4.7 Episode 7: Savoy Hotel Challenge
- 4.8 Episode 8: Design a Collection
- 4.9 Episode 9: Design for the Red Carpet
- 4.10 Episode 10: Fashion Week (Finale)
- 5 Series 1 Guest Judges
Series 1 Contestants
The 12 fashion designers competing in the first series were:
- Kirsty Doyle
- Matthew Bowkett
- Debi Walker
- Christopher Raeburn (designer)
- Renato Termenini
- Marianne Fay
- Shakeel Rabbaney
- Gemma Carver (designer) www.gemmacarver.com, www.nonchalantbygem.com
- Lesley de Freitas www.lesleydefreitas.com
- Sushino Techakosit
- Zoe Hamilton-Peters
- Rami Savapley
The 12 models competing for an ELLE spread in the first series were:
- Jessica Roffey
- Ana Korzun
- Gemma Chan
- Lynsey Clark
- Kate Mahoney
- Sherene Lawrence
- Erika Lucas
- Caroline Green
- Yvonne Morton
Series 1 Challenges
|Kirsty||WIN||HIGH||IN||LOW||IN||HIGH||LOW||LOW||IN||WINNER||10 – Fashion Week (Finale)|
|Matthew||HIGH||WIN||HIGH||LOW||LOW||IN||WIN||LOW||WIN||OUT||10 – Fashion Week (Finale)|
|Debi||LOW||LOW||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||OUT||10 – Fashion Week (Finale)|
|Christopher||IN||HIGH||IN||LOW||WIN||HIGH||LOW||HIGH||OUT||9 – Design for the Red Carpet|
|Renato||IN||IN||HIGH||LOW||LOW||WIN||HIGH||OUT||8 – Design a Collection|
|Marianne||LOW||IN||IN||WIN||IN||LOW||OUT||7 – Savoy Hotel Challenge|
|Shakeel||IN||LOW||LOW||LOW||HIGH||OUT||6 – Rags to Riches|
|Gemma||IN||IN||LOW||HIGH||OUT||5 – "Model" Clients|
|Lesley||IN||IN||IN||OUT||4 – Collaboration|
|Sushino||HIGH||IN||OUT||3 – Commercial Appeal|
|Zoe||IN||OUT||2 – Vision|
|Rami||OUT||1 – Innovation|
- Green background and WINNER means the challenge won the Project Catwalk.
- Red background and OUT means this model wore the losing design in the episode.
- Blue background and WIN means this model wore the winning design in the episode.
- Light blue background and HIGH means this wore the losing design and was eliminated.
- Orange background and LOW means this model was eliminated.
- Pink background and LOW means the model was the same eliminated.
Series 1 Fashion Models
- Yellow background and WINNER means the model won Project Catwalk.
- Blue background and WIN means this model wore the winning design in this episode.
- Red background and IN means this model wore the losing design in this episode.
- Pink background and OUT means this model was eliminated.
- Hot pink background and OUT means this model wore the losing design and was eliminated.
Series 1 Episodes
Episode 1: Innovation
- Designers created a glamorous outfit for a garden party dress made only from materials bought at B&Q Warehouse. The designers had a budget of 50 pounds and 1 hour and 30 minutes to make their purchases. They have two days to complete the design.
- Judges: Giles Deacon; Lorraine Candy; and Isabella Blow.
- WINNER: Kirsty
- OUT: Rami
- First broadcast 12 January 2006
Episode 2: Vision
- Designers must build a garment that conveys "frisky." They had a budget of 100 pounds and two days to complete the design.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, Sadie Frost, and Jemima French
- WINNER: Matthew
- OUT: Zoe
- First broadcast 19 January 2006
Episode 3: Commercial Appeal
- Designers created a city women's outfit to fit with Barbour's current line. They had to pick their fabrics at the studios and have 12 hours to complete the designs.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, and Steve Buck
- WINNER: Debi
- OUT: Sushino
- First broadcast 26 January 2006
Episode 4: Collaboration
- The designers created a new look for pop star Kelly Osbourne. A team event with three teams, each with a lead designer and two assistants. Each team had 300 pounds and 15 hours to complete the design.
- Christopher, Kirsty and Shakeel
- Marianne, Debi and Gemma
- Lesley, Renato and Matthew
Note: team leader in bold
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, Patrick Cox, and Kelly Osbourne
- WINNER: Marianne (teamed with Debi and Gemma)
- OUT: Lesley (teamed with Renato and Matthew)
- First broadcast 2 February 2006
Episode 5: "Model" Clients
- Working with the models that chose them, the designers created a wedding dress for that model. The designers had 20 hours to complete the design.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, and Elizabeth Emanuel
- WINNER: Christopher
- OUT: Gemma
- First broadcast 9 February 2006
Episode 6: Rags to Riches
- This episode's challenge is to design a fabulous outfit for a photoshoot using secondhand clothing from TRAID (Textile Recycling for Aid and International Development). The designers have 10 hours to complete the design.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, and Robert Cary-Williams
- WINNER: Renato
- OUT: Shakeel
- First broadcast 16 February 2006
Episode 7: Savoy Hotel Challenge
- Designers created a new Room Attendant uniforms for the Housekeepers of the Savoy Hotel. Each designer had a budget of 35 pounds and 18 hours to complete the uniform.
- Judges: Giles Deacon, AA Gill, and Jutta Asta
- WINNER: Matthew
- OUT: Marianne
- First broadcast 23 February 2006
Episode 8: Design a Collection
- The designers were asked to work in a team to design a themed capsule collection for Spring/Summer 2006 for Topshop, a store focusing on Women's fashions in the UK. One designer is randomly selected to be Team Leader. The designers have 15 hours to complete the design.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, Karen Bonser, and Deepi Sekhon
- WINNER: none
- OUT: Renato
- First broadcast 2 March 2006
Episode 9: Design for the Red Carpet
- Designers created a dress for the host of Project Catwalk, Elizabeth Hurley, to wear on the red carpet. The designers have 350 pounds and 16 hours to complete the design.
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, Georgina Chapman, and Keren Craig
- WINNER: Matthew
- OUT: Christopher
- First broadcast 9 March 2006
Episode 10: Fashion Week (Finale)
- The final three designers, Matthew, Kirsty, and Debi, were visited by Elizabeth Hurley at their homes to show their progress of their collection. The final three are given 4,000 pounds, five months, and the assistance of professional pattern cutters and fashion technicians to create their twelve piece collection for a show at London Fashion Week
- Judges: Julien Macdonald, Lorraine Candy, and Ben de Lisi
- Winner of Project Runway Series 1: Kirsty
- OUT: (Matthew 1st Runner-Up), (Debi 2nd Runner-Up)
- First broadcast 16 March 2006
Series 1 Guest Judges
- Isabella Blow, Fashionista
- Giles Deacon, Fashion Designer
- Frost French
- Steve Buck, managing director of Barbour
- Kelly Osbourne
- AA Gill, Travel Writer & Food Critic
- Robert Cary-Williams
- Jutta Asta, Executive Housekeeper of the Savoy Hotel Group
- Karen Bonser, Head of Design, Topshop
- Deepi Sekhon, Chief Buyer, Topshop
- Richard Young, Celebrity Photographer
- Georgina Chapman, Fashion Designer
- Keren Craig, Fashion Designer