(NCsoft Developer Division)
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Project TL (The Lineage) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by NCSoft. It is part of the Lineage series and a sequel to the first Lineage game. The game was first announced and titled as Lineage Eternal in November 2011 but has suffered numerous delays in its release schedule, with the earliest beta testing planned. The first South Korea Closed Beta would begin on November 30, 2016 and end on December 04, 2016. However, NCSoft has rebooted the game as Project TL in NCSOFT Director Cut private event.
The game has suffered from numerous delays during development. On November 8, 2011, NCSOFT officially announced Lineage Eternal as the sequel to the first Lineage, released in 1998. The first gameplay videos debuted at the G-Star 2011 gaming convention in South Korea on November 9, 2011. In August 2013, NCSOFT announced it was preparing to roll out the beta schedule of Lineage Eternal by the end of 2013. In August 2015, the developers planned to initiate beta testing in Korea towards the end of year, but during a conference call in November they confirmed that closed beta testing would be delayed until 2016.
In NCSOFT Q1 2017 earning conferences, NCSOFT had announced that the development team of Lineage Eternal had significant changes due to the change of game producer. The new team will continue the development process of the game with a new target and changes to the game engine from a proprietary game engine that was used in Guild Wars to Unreal Engine 4. And the game name has changed to Project TL in 2017.
- "Project TL Official Site". NCSOFT. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Lineage Eternal Engine Will Be Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4". 2P.com. Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Lineage Eternal Game Review". MMOs.com. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Priestman, Chris (6 August 2015). "NCSoft Has Started Beta Testing Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance At Last". Siliconera. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Schuster, Shawn (2011-11-08). "G-Star 2011: NCsoft announces Lineage Eternal". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Lineage Eternal G-star 2011 Official Video". YouTube. NCSOFT. 2011-11-09. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Olivetti, Justin (2013-08-15). "NCsoft looking ahead to Lineage Eternal beta, WildStar launch". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Lineage Eternal Development Team Got a Big Change". 2P.com. Archived from the original on 2017-07-05. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
|This online game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|