Project Twenty1 is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization based in Philadelphia with the mission to Educate, Promote, Inspire & Connect creatives through film and animation programs (E.P.I.C.) Signature programs include the 21-Day Filmmaking Competition and the Philadelphia Film & Animation Festival. Past Philadelphia programs they have run include the Philadelphia Film-A-Thon, an all day international film marathon and Cinema Undercover, a secret cinema showcase of films that are not revealed before the screening.
The organization has also run satellite events and programs outside of Philadelphia. In Norristown, Project Twenty1 helped co-found The Norristown Arts Hill District, which runs along DeKalb Street (from Front Street to Chestnut Street) and along Main Street (between Swede Street and DeKalb). From there the organization launched Norristown Movies from the Hill, a free outdoor screening series of family-friendly independent short films.
The organization was founded in 2006 by writer/producer Stephanie Yuhas, writer/filmmaker Matt Conant, and actor/musician Quang Ly. Past judges and guest hosts have been Joel Hodgson, James Rolfe, Aaron Parry, Jeffrey D. Erb, and Jon Douglas Rainey.
21-Day Filmmaking Competition
The competition is one of many international time-based film competitions, such as the 48 Hour Film Project, Extremefilmmaker's 48 Hour Film Festival, 72 Hour Feature Project, and 168 Hour Film Project.
Teams of filmmakers and animators have 21-Days to create an original film containing a secret "Element." Past Elements have been "21," "Light," "Key," "Between the Lines," "Start with a Crash," "Jump," and "Cell."
- "Project Twenty1 - GuideStar Profile". www.guidestar.org. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Project Twenty1: Time for the 8th Annual Philadelphia Film & Animation Festival!". Geekadelphia. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Project Twenty1 Film Festival Backs Up Boastful Slogan - MovieMaker Magazine". MovieMaker Magazine. 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Norristown Arts Hill Festival needs vendors and performers". Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "'Movies from the Hill' debuts in Norristown Friday". Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Return Of The Project Twenty1 Filmmaking Competition". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Twenty1 is a lucky number for Griffin and McCallum". Retrieved 2017-03-29.
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|