|Look up projector in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Most commonly, a projector is a device that projects an image on a surface.
Types of image projector
- 3D projection, a method of mapping three-dimensional points to a two-dimensional plane
- Video projector, a device that projects a video signal from computer, home theater system etc.
- Movie projector, a device that projects moving pictures from a strip of film
- Slide projector, a device that projects a still image with a transparent base
- Overhead projector, a device that projects a transparent image
- Handheld projector, a mobile projector
- Opaque projector, a predecessor to the overhead projector
- Planetarium projector, a device that projects images of sky objects
- Zeiss projector, a range of projectors made by Zeiss
- Magic lantern, a historic projection device
- Camera obscura, the historic ancestor to projection devices
- Enlarger, a device used to produce photographic prints from negatives
Projector may also refer to:
Art and entertainment
- Projector (album), a 1999 album by Dark Tranquillity
- Projector (comics) aka Zachary Williams, a comic book character from Marvel Comics
- Ceiling projector, a device used to measure the height of clouds
- Laser projector, entertainment lasers
- Flame projector, pyrotechnics projector
- Beam projector, stagelighting
- A version control system used in the Macintosh Programmer's Workshop
- Projector PSA, software and cloud-computing company
- A type of mortar (weapon)
- Holman Projector
- Northover Projector
- Projection (linear algebra), a linear transformation of a vector space
- As a synonym for (corporate) promoter, e.g. in the phrase "railway projectors"
- Projector (patent), an archaic term in US patent law meaning original inventor to reduce an invention to practice
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Projector.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.