|Directed by||Richard Williams|
|Produced by||Imogen Sutton|
(Sitges Film Festival)
Prologue is a 2015 British animated short film directed by Richard Williams and produced by his wife Imogen Sutton. It is the first part of a planned feature film based on the play Lysistrata by Aristophanes, in which Greek women withhold sexual privilege from their husbands and lovers in order to end a war. The film was a critical success and gained many awards and nominations, including an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Short Film.
- 2016: Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film – Nominated 
- 2016: BAFTA Award for Best Short Animation – Nominated
- Amidi, Amid (15 January 2015). "Interview: Richard Williams Talks About His Oscar and BAFTA-Nominated Short 'Prologue'". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Coggan, Devan (13 January 2016). "John Krasinski, Guillermo del Toro, Ang Lee to announce Oscar nominations". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Ford, Rebecca (14 January 2016). "Oscar Nominations: The Complete List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Amidi, Amid (14 January 2015). "2016 Oscar Nominations: Animation Analysis". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Short Film Prologue". Academy Awards. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|