Promenade MRT station
Platform B of Promenade station during peak hours
|Location||2 Temasek Avenue|
10 Temasek Avenue
Singapore 039193/ 039194
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation) (Circle Line)|
SBS Transit DTL (Downtown Line)
|Platforms||Separated Stacked Side (Circle Line and Downtown Line)|
|Depth||43 metres (141 ft)|
|Parking||Yes (Millenia Walk)|
|Opened||17 April 2010 (Circle Line)|
14 January 2012 (Circle Line Extension)
22 December 2013 (Downtown Line)
Promenade MRT station (DT15/CC4) is an underground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) interchange station on the Downtown Line and Circle Line in Downtown Core, Singapore. At this station, the Circle Line branches out into two routes, similar to the situation at Tanah Merah MRT station. The first route, the Circle Line Extension, goes towards Marina Bay MRT station via Bayfront MRT station. The second route is the main route which goes towards Dhoby Ghaut MRT station via Bras Basah MRT station and Esplanade MRT station.
With the construction of the Downtown Line platforms below the Circle Line platforms, this station is currently one of the deepest stations in the entire MRT network, behind Bras Basah MRT station[Reference needed]. Its deepest platform is at a depth of 42 metres below ground, where the platform is for Downtown Line trains bound for Bukit Panjang MRT station.
Before the station was built, it was tentatively named Millenia. However, the naming rights for Millenia expired in 2005 and the name was thus selected to be Promenade, which reflects the area's heritage. During the construction of the Promenade MRT station for the Circle Line, on 25 March 2003, the section of Rochor Road (from ECP to Suntec City) was realigned. On 27 November 2003, Temasek Avenue was also realigned.
The station was opened on 17 April 2010 along with the rest of Stages 1 and 2 of the Circle Line. On 14 January 2012, Circle Line Extension was opened and this station became an interchange for the extension. On 22 December 2013, this station became an interchange with the Downtown Line.
It is the only station to have four separated stacked side platforms on its own levels -
- Basement 2: Circle Line towards Dhoby Ghaut or Marina Bay
- Basement 4: Circle Line towards HarbourFront
- Basement 5: Downtown Line towards Expo
- Basement 7: Downtown Line towards Bukit Panjang
Art in Transit
The Circle Line part of the station features giant drips of disco balls suspended from the ceiling. This artwork is by :phunk and is titled "Dreams in a Social Cosmic Odyssey".
- Suntec City
- Singapore Flyer
- Marina Bay Street Circuit
- Millenia Walk Shopping Centre
- Marina Centre Bus Terminal
- "Downtown Line". Land Transport Authority. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Land Transport Masterplan: Downtown Line Stage 1 to open on Dec 22". The Straits Times. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "CC4 DT15 Promenade".
- ""Phantom" Stations & MRT Lines".
- "Five best MRT stations to spot cool art". TimeOut Singapore. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Downtown Line 1: Art-In-Transit" (PDF). Land Transport Authority. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- SBS Transit's Promenade MRT station official website
- SMRT's Promenade MRT station official website
- Promenade to Changi Airport MRT station route
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Promenade MRT Station.|