|Traded as||LSE: PRW|
|Simon Leung, Chairman and Interim CEO|
|Products||ClassFlow, ActivInspire, ActivBoard, ActivTable, ActivExpression, ActiVote|
|Revenue||£205.1 million (2009)|
|£29.5 million (2009)|
|£12.2 million (2009)|
Number of employees
Promethean World Ltd is a global education company, that develops, integrates and implements learning environments. The company has headquarters in Blackburn, Lancashire, and in Atlanta, United States. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange, and was a constituent of the FTSE SmallCap Index until it was acquired by NetDragon in September 2015.
Tony Cann founded Promethean in Blackburn, Lancashire in 1997 with the launch of PandA software, the forerunner to Activstudio and Activprimary, a range of software for use in company presentations and meetings. Tony Cann was replaced by Graham Howe as chairman in July 2005. James Marshall became CEO in September 2012, replacing Jean-Yves Charlier. In May 2014, Graham Howe stood down as chairman, and was replaced by Philip Rowley. In July 2015 NetDragon announced that it had agreed to buy the company. In September 2015, Promethean acquired touch and gesture technology from Light Blue Optics for an undisclosed sum.
Promethean has offices in Blackburn (United Kingdom), and regional offices in Atlanta, United States, Paris, France, China, Singapore & Bahrain. Promethean's main manufacturing unit is based in Shenzhen (China), and the company has product distribution facilities, in both Europe and the United States.
- Promethean World: Financials
- Supergroup and Promethean World in £400m listings bonanza Daily Mail, 12 March 2010
- Promethean World Said to Offer 224 Million-Pound IPO Bloomberg, 1 March 2010
- "Losses narrow at Promethean World". Manchester Evening News. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "New CEO takes over at Promethean". EDucation Investor. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "NetDragon agrees to buy Promethean World". Education Investor. 13 July 2015.
- "Acuity sale of Light Blue Optics interactive touchscreen display". Acuity. 2015-11-17. Retrieved 2016-06-11.