This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||San Jose, California, 1988|
|Products||RAID controllers, RAID subsystems, NAS enclosures|
Number of employees
Promise Technology, Inc. is a supplier of RAID storage catering to customers from the enterprise to SMB, as well as SOHO and digital home applications.
The company's website states it was founded in 1988 in San Jose, California.
- Cloud / IT Storage Solutions
- Rich Media Storage Solutions
- Surveillance Storage Solutions
- VTrak Series
- Vess Series
- FileCruiser Series
- Pegasus Series
- SANLink Series
- SmartStor Series
- 2013 Announced the Pegasus2 Series of their R4 & R6, the world's first Thunderbolt 2-enabled hardware RAID storage, due for release in late 2013.
- 2012 Introduced the Pegasus J2, portable Thunderbolt-enabled storage. Also released the Pegasus J4; the first 4-bay 2.5” HDD Thunderbolt storage.
- 2009 Announced the VessRAID storage for SMBs and a partnership with Sony for IP surveillance storage. Announced NS4600 4 bay NAS with DLNA 1.5 certification and the DS4600 4 bay DAS with FireWire 800 ports. Launched the SuperTrak EX 6G SAS RAID controller and the first 6G SAS SBB 2.0.
- 2008 Started to ship VTrak E-Class to Macintosh professional A/V editing market.
- 2007 Announced the VTrak E-Class, enterprise-class external storage subsystem and the first DLNA Network Attached Storage - SmartStor (NS4300).
- 2006 Announced the first SAS JBOD.
- 2005 Announced the VTrak M-Class.
- 2004 Announced VTrak, the world's first dual-port, HW iSCSI RAID storage subsystem.
- 2003 Leads in ATA RAID for IA servers for the third consecutive year with 83% unit market share.
- 2002 Shipped the first six-drive ATA RAID 5 controller. Promise Taiwan listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (Promise Technology, Inc (3057.TW)).
- 1998 Created the first RAID on motherboard chip.
- 1997 Industry's first-ever ATA RAID controller created.
- 1993 The VESA IDE chipset captured 75% of the world's OEM market.
- 1991 Promise Taiwan established.
- 1988 Promise Technology, Inc. founded in San Jose, California, United States.
The Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem is a high availability RAID commonly deployed by enterprises for mission critical and creative applications.
The VTrak J-Class are expansion chassis that customers can use to scale their storage when they need more capacity.
Vess storage subsystems are designed for small to medium business and organizations of all sizes. The Vess storage system is used in surveillance applications and can handle unstructured data, disk-to-disk backup.
The Vess R2000 was launched in August, 2012.
Pegasus & Thunderbolt Enabled
The Pegasus series of Thunderbolt-enabled storage are designed for professionals.
Pegasus R4 and R6
Pegasus R4 and R6 are the first 4-bay and 6-bay high performance hardware RAID featuring Thunderbolt technology. Thunderbolt technology is a new, high-speed, dual-protocol I/O technology designed for performance, simplicity, and flexibility. This high-speed I/O technology is capable of delivering two channels of 10 Gbit/s (1.25 GB/s) per port of performance.
The Pegasus J4, the first 4-bay high performance Thunderbolt storage system for 2.5” HDD or SSD drives. The J4 can be used with new Thunderbolt-enabled notebooks to create a compact, mobile non-linear editing station, great for immediate on location use. The J4 was announced at CeBIT 2012.
The Promise SANLink adapter provides dual 4G Fibre Channel connectivity connected to a Thunderbolt port. SANLink hardware enables any Thunderbolt-enabled storage system to connect to Fibre Channel infrastructure at Fibre Channel speeds.
- , Promise Unveils Pegasus J2
- , Promise Introduced Pegasus J4.
- , Promise VTrak Now Qualified With Xsan 2 and Final Cut Studio.
- , Promise VessRAID 1840f review.
- , Promise Pegasus and Thunderbolt are Here.
- , Everything You Need to Know About Thunderbolt.
- , Promise Technology Introduces World's Fastest Ultra Portable Thunderbolt Storage.
- , Promise Technology's Portable J4.
- , Promise Debuts J4.
- , Promise SANLink Adapter Offers Thunderbolt Connectivity.