From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up promontory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A promontory is a prominent mass of land which overlooks lower lying land or a body of water.
Promontory may also refer to:
Geology and geography
- Promontory, Utah, the location where the United States first Transcontinental Railroad was completed
- Promontory Mountains, a mountain range in Utah
- Sacral promontory, in anatomy, the anteriormost portion of the sacrum
- Promontory of tympanic cavity, a part of the ear
- Promontory, a 1992 song from The Last of the Mohicans
- Promontory Financial Group
- Promontory (building)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Promontory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.