Prompt may refer to:
- Command prompt, characters indicating the computer is ready to accept input
- Command Prompt, also known as cmd.exe or cmd, the command-line interpreter in some operating systems
- Prompt (natural language), instructions issued to a computer system (such as a text-to-image artificial intelligence) in the form of written or spoken language.
- Prompt engineering, a concept in artificial intelligence in which the description of the task is embedded in the input, e.g., as a question, instead of it being implicitly given.
- Prompter (theatre), sometimes prompt, one who prompts an actor if they forget their line
- PROMPT Telescopes (Panchromatic Robotic Optical Monitoring and Polarimetry Telescopes), Chile
- Prompt NOx, a source of nitrogen oxides
- Project Resource Organisation Management Planning Techniques, a project management method; the predecessor to PRINCE2