Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up prompt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prompt may refer to:
- Command prompt, in computing, one or more characters in a command line interface to indicate that the computer is ready to accept typed input
- PROMPT (command), a DOS, OS/2 and Windows command under COMMAND.COM and CMD.EXE to control the display of the command prompt
- PROMPT (environment variable), a DOS, OS/2 and Windows environment variable to control the display of the command prompt
- Prompter (theatre), in theatre, the person who prompts an actor when they forget their next line
- Prompt corner or prompt box, the location at the side of the stage where the prompt is located
- writing prompt, in writing instruction, a short description of a situation, character or constraint intended to inspire creativity
- Prompt critical, in nuclear engineering, the state of an assembly when for each nuclear fission event, one or more of the immediate or prompt neutrons released causes an additional fission event
- Prompt neutron, in nuclear engineering, a neutron immediately emitted by a nuclear fission event, as opposed to a delayed neutron
- PROMPT Telescopes, an array of telescopes located at CTIO which are designed to rapidly observe gamma-ray burst afterglows simultaneously in multiple filters
- PROMPT, Professional Methodology for Project Transaction, also known as PROMPT@Schenker, a project management methodology created by Schenker
- Prompt NOx, NOx formed at a rate in excess of that produced from direct oxidation of nitrogen molecules
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prompt.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.