Property Is No Longer a Theft
|Property Is No Longer a Theft|
|Directed by||Elio Petri|
|Produced by||Claudio Mancini|
|Written by||Elio Petri|
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Edited by||Ruggero Mastroianni|
Total, a young bank cashier, sees his life, with its grey, dismal prospects, as disappointing. He envies the wealth of many of his clients, often accumulated though criminal or corrupt activities.
After surviving an armed robbery, he decides to start a new life, as a thief. Resigning from his job, he begins discreetly with small robberies in supermarkets, progressing to larger frauds, including of a former client, a butcher.
He enjoys the new clothes, new cars and new women but his neuroticism and social conscience pose problems.
- Ugo Tognazzi as The Butcher
- Flavio Bucci as Total
- Daria Nicolodi as Anita
- Salvo Randone as Total's father
- Mario Scaccia as Albertone
- Julien Guiomar as Bank director
- Jacques Herlin as Bank employee
- Gigi Proietti as Paco
- Orazio Orlando as Pirelli
- Ettore Garofolo as Bocio
- Gino Milli as Zaganè
- Cecilia Polizzi as Mafalda
- Luigi Antonio Guerra
- Ada Pometti
- "Property Is No Longer a Theft". Film Affinity. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
|This article related to an Italian comedy film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|