|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, USA|
Number of locations
|Scott Davis, Chief Growth Officer|
Number of employees
Prophet is an integrated consulting firm and agency that specializes in working with clients to drive growth through the use of branding, marketing, design, analytics, and innovation. It maintains a headquarters in San Francisco and offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The firm has published many books and articles on the topic of branding and marketing. It's best known for the rebranding of Swiss bank UBS; the opening of the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and BP's Beyond Petroleum positioning.
In 1998, Michael Dunn was named company president. Around the same time, author and consultant David Aaker began working with Prophet. Aaker currently serves as the company's vice chairman. Dunn was named Chief Executive Officer in 2000. He is currently the firm's Chairman and CEO. Prophet's annual revenue have grown to approximately $85 million with over 300 employees worldwide.
In early 2009, Prophet acquired Richmond, Virginia-based Play, a creativity and innovation company. Prophet acquired Noshokaty, Döring & Thun, a Berlin-based strategic marketing firm in 2011, which brought in clients including Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, General Motors Europe, Deutsche Postbank, Sony, and Volkswagen.
In 2012, Prophet acquired several agencies beginning with (r)evolution, an Atlanta-based branding, marketing, and innovation consultancy. Prophet then acquired the Material Group, a Chicago-based digital design and development studio. Later that year Prophet also acquired Figtree, a brand and design firm with offices in London and Hong Kong.
Prophet has 10 offices worldwide:
- Blog – http://theinspiratory.com
- Dunn, James (October 26, 2010). "Prophet: German office leads European growth". San Francisco Business Times.
- Farey-Jones, Daniel (December 3, 2012). "Figtree deal expands US brand consultancy Prophet". Brand Republic.
- Brekke, Dan (January 23, 2000). "The Future Is Now-or Never". New York Times.
- Bianchi, Alessandra (December 1, 1993). "Market research, student style. (Prophet Market Research hires graduate students on college campuses nationwide on a contract basis) (Brief Article)". Inc.
- "Michael Dunn Bloomberg Businessweek Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Michael Dunn Forbes Profile". Forbes.
- Krauss, Michael (March 1, 2005). "High-tech brands begin blazing new trail". Marketing News.
- "David Aaker Haas School of Business Profile". Berkeley.edu.
- St. John, Olivia (January 21, 2013). "Made in USA makes comeback as a marketing tool". USA Today.
- Roberto, Ned; Roberto, Ardy (October 24, 2006). "David Aaker on the challenges a successful chief marketing officer faces". Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- "Marketing Entrepreneur". CalBusiness. Fall 2011.
- Elliott, Stuart. Accounts, People, Miscellany. New York Times. January 25, 2009.
- "Prophet Acquires Atlanta Consultancy, (r)evolution". The Business Journals.
- Dwyer, Ann (September 13, 2012). "Prophet acquires Chicago digital design startup Material Group". Crain's Chicago.
- "Prophet Acquires Atlanta Consultancy, (r)evolution". Atlanta City Biz. August 13, 2012.
- Chowdrhy, Amit (September 14, 2012). "Prophet Acquires Chicago Digital Firm Material Group". Pulse2.com.
- "Prophet acquires Play". MandMGlobal.com. January 14, 2009.