From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Prophet, prophet, prophesize, prophetess, or prophethood in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A prophet is a person who is believed to speak through divine inspiration.
Prophet may also refer to:
People named "Prophet"
- Chuck Prophet (born 1963), an American musician
- David Prophet (1937–1981), an English Formula One driver of the mid-1960s
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet (1939–2009), a former leader of the New Age new religious movement The Summit Lighthouse
People referred to as "The Prophet" as a title
"The Prophet" can mean:
- Muhammad (570s–632), also known as Al-Nabi (The Prophet), regarded by Muslims as the last prophet of God
- Zoroaster (or Zarathushtra), the founder of Zoroastrianism; sometimes referred to simply as "The Prophet"
- Tenskwatawa (1775–1836), a Shawnee leader called "The Prophet" or "The Shawnee Prophet"
- Wabokieshiek (ca. 1794 – ca. 1841), a Ho-Chunk leader called "The Prophet" or "The Winnebago Prophet"
People referred to as "the Prophets" as a title
- The Prophet (book), a 1923 collection of poetry by Kahlil Gibran
- Prophet (comics), a comic book character of Image Comics
- Prophet (novel), a 1992 Christian novel by Frank E. Peretti
- Prophet (Star Trek), alien race in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Race part of the Covenant, in the Halo game series
- The shortened name of the Daily Prophet, newspaper of the Harry Potter novels
- Laurence "Prophet" Barnes, the leader of Raptor Team in the 2007 FPS Crysis, returning in Crysis 2 and starring in Crysis 3
- Prophet (Oliver Lake album), 1980
- Prophet (Prophet album), 1985
- Prophet (Jerusalem album), by the Swedish hard rock band Jerusalem
- Prophet (band), an American Melodic Rock band from the U.S. state of New Jersey
- Le prophète (or The Prophet), an 1849 opera by Giacomo Meyerbeer
- The Prophet (musician) (born 1968), a Dutch gabber and hardstyle DJ and producer
- Prophets (album), the 2010 debut album by Canadian metalcore band Counterparts
- The Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 and Prophet-10, two synthesizers by Sequential Circuits
- The Prophet '08, modern Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 recreation by Dave Smith Instruments
- Capleton (born 1967), a Jamaican reggae and dancehall artist
- The Prophet, also known as Il profeta, a 1968 Italian film
- A Prophet, a 2009 French film
- The Prophet (2014 film), an American film
- Nevi'im, "Prophets", the second main division of the Hebrew Bible
- Al-Anbiya, “The Prophets”, the 21st chapter of the Qur'an
- The Prophet (newspaper), a New York City periodical published 1844–1845
- Prophet River, British Columbia, an aboriginal community in Canada
- Prophet Systems, a subsidiary company of Clear Channel Communications that produces radio automation systems
- Prophet (company), a strategic brand and marketing consultancy with operations in the United States and Europe that specializes in brand, marketing, design, innovation and analytics
- All pages beginning with "prophet"
- All pages with a title containing prophet
- Prophecy (disambiguation)
- Propheteer (disambiguation)
- Profit (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prophet.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.