This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent||Ludovico Martelli S.r.l.|
Proraso is an Italian multi-national personal care and grooming company that was founded in 1908 by Ludovico Martelli in Florence. They produce men's barber supplies and specialize in scented shaving products, They have five different product lines; including their original flagship product.
The company's pre-shave cream has been in production since 1948.
Proraso produces five product lines, four of which are marketed internationally.
- "Green" line products, marketed in green packaging and designed for general use. This line is scented primarily with eucalyptus oil and menthol, and is the first line of products produced by the company. It contains pre-shaving cream, shaving soap, shaving cream, shaving foam, aftershave lotion and after shave balm.
- "White" line products, marketed in white packaging and designed for sensitive skin, containing green tea and oatmeal extracts. This line is scented with lime and apple. It does not have an aftershave lotion equivalent.
- "Red" line products, marketed in red packaging and designed to soften coarser hair, containing shea butter. This line is scented with sandalwood. It does not have an after shave balm equivalent.
- "Blue" line products, marketed in blue packaging and designed to moisturize, containing vitamin E and aloe vera extract. This line is scented with musk and "amber". The blue line contains only shaving cream, shaving foam and after shave balm.
- "Yellow" line products, marketed in yellow packaging and designed to provide a close shave and moisturize, containing cocoa butter and shea butter. This line is scented with vanilla, and contains only one product, shaving foam. This line is not sold outside Italy.
The company also produces shaving brushes which are commonly found bundled with their other products.
- Douglas, Theo (25 May 2006). "Trendzilla on Proraso". Orange County Weekly. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Proraso.|
|This Italian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|