This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Product type||Shaving soap, shaving cream, pre- and post-shave products, other shaving supplies|
|Owner||Ludovico Martelli S.r.l|
Proraso is a personal care and grooming brand owned by the Italian company Ludovico Martelli srl. The brand includes men's barber supplies and scented shaving products, and consists of five different product lines aimed at the general public and a "Pro" line aimed at professional barbers, which contains three variants .
The Proraso pre-shave cream has been in production since 1948.
The Proraso brand includes five main product lines, four of which are marketed internationally.
- "Green" line products, marketed in green packaging and designed for general use. This line is scented primarily with eucalyptus oil and menthol, and is the first line of products introduced. It contains pre-shaving cream, shaving soap, shaving cream, beard shampoo, beard balm, beard oil, shaving foam, aftershave lotion and after shave balm.
- "White" line products, marketed in white packaging and designed for sensitive skin, containing green tea and oatmeal extracts. This line is scented with lime and apple. It does not have an aftershave lotion equivalent.
- "Red" line products, marketed in red packaging and designed to soften coarser hair, containing shea butter. This line is scented with sandalwood. It does not have an after shave balm equivalent.
- "Blue" line products, marketed in blue packaging and designed to moisturize, containing vitamin E and aloe vera extract. This line is scented with musk and "amber". The blue line contains only shaving cream, shaving foam and after shave balm.
- "Yellow" line products, marketed in yellow packaging and designed to provide a close shave and moisturize, containing cocoa butter and shea butter. This line is scented with vanilla, and contains only one product, shaving foam. This line is not sold outside Italy.
There is also the "Single Blade" line which contains three variants directed to professionals. This line offers much more complex fragrances in the products.
- "Wood and Spice" line products are marketed in yellow packaging. This line is scented with cumin, saffron, cedar and sandalwood. It contains shaving cream, after-shave balm, cologne, beard shampoo, beard balm, beard oil, moustache wax and hot beard treatment oil.
- "Azur Lime" line products are marketed in dark blue packaging. This line is scented with lime, mint, woods, juniper berries, musk and patchouli. It contains shaving cream, after-shave balm, cologne, beard shampoo, beard balm and beard oil.
- "Cypress & Vetyver" line products are marketed in dark green packaging. This line is scented with cypress, bergamot, vetiver, cedarwood and amber. It contains shaving cream, after-shave balm, cologne, beard shampoo, beard balm and beard oil.
The brand also includes a shaving brush and a metallic after-shave vaporizer among other accessories for professional barbers.
- Magri, Valentina (22 October 2019). "Chinese Nuo Capital fund acquires a 30% stake in shaving cosmetics maker Proraso". BeBeez. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Cinque linee di prodotto per ogni tipo di barba" [Five product lines for every type of beard]. Proraso (in Italian). Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Proraso Shaving Products". Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Douglas, Theo (25 May 2006). "Trendzilla on Proraso". Orange County Weekly. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Proraso.|
|This product or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|