|Population||1,439 (2011 census)|
|Location||4.1 km (3 mi) from Launceston|
|LGA(s)||City of Launceston|
Prospect is a small suburb of Launceston.
- Diagnostic Services - Researching the Tasmanian devil facial tumor disease
- Animal Health Laboratory
- Water Microbiology Laboratory
- Veterinary Pathology and Fish Microbiology
- Seed Laboratory and Certification
A sawmill, stonemason, Tasmanian Independent Retailers state distribution centre dominate the area. There are a number of restaurants and shops along Westbury Road - Prospect's main commercial corridor - including Supa IGA. The Silverdome Complex is a multi use facility incorporating an indoor cycling track, netball courts and concert seating. The home of the Tasmanian Institute of Sport Offices.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Prospect (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "DPIWE Biosecurity". www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "Tasmanian Independent Retailers". www.igatas.com.au. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "Silverdome Tasmanias Premier Sports and Entertainment Centre". www.silverdome.com.au. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|