Prospect Avenue (Kansas City, Missouri)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Prospect Avenue or Prospect is a major north/south main street that runs in Kansas City, Missouri from Lexington Avenue to 85th Street. It travels close to U.S. Route 71 from Swope Parkway to 75th Street. In recent years, many of the surrounding areas have become very blighted.
Businesses and organizations
- Pioneer College of Penn Valley is located at 18th Street and Prospect Avenue.
- Crispus Attucks Elementary School is located at 2400 Prospect Avenue.
- Kansas City Police Department - East Patrol is located at 2640 Prospect.
- Morningstar Youth and Family Life Center is located at 27th & Prospect. (Under construction)
- Lucile H. Bluford Library is located at 3050 Prospect Avenue.
- Linwood Shopping Center is located at 31st & Prospect.
- Aldi is located at 39th & Prospect.
- Blue Hills Community Services is located at 5008 Prospect.
- Research Medical Center is located from 63rd Street to Meyer Boulevard.
- Kansas City Police Department - Metro Patrol is located at 7601 Prospect.
- 39th Street (Kansas City)
- Linwood Boulevard (Kansas City)
- Southwest Boulevard (Kansas City)
- The Paseo (Kansas City)