Prospertown, New Jersey
|Prospertown, New Jersey|
Looking north along Hawkin Road (CR 640)
|Townships||Jackson, Plumsted, Upper Freehold|
|Elevation||105 ft (32 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0879507|
Prospertown is an unincorporated community located within the New Jersey townships of Jackson and Plumsted in Ocean County and Upper Freehold in Monmouth County. The community is home to Prospertown Lake and is adjacent to Six Flags Great Adventure, both located on County Route 537 (Monmouth Road). The center of the community is located at the intersection of CR 537, Hawkin Road (CR 640 on the Ocean County side of CR 537), and Emleys Hill Road (on the Monmouth County side). Most of the area consists of pine forests (as the area is located in the northern reaches of the Pine Barrens) but there are some homes along the roads in the area.
- "Prospertown". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed March 14, 2015.
- Roosevelt Quadrangle New Jersey - 7.5 Minute Series (Map). United States Geological Survey. 1981. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- Google (November 8, 2015). "Aerial view of Prospertown" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- Beck, Henry (1983). Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press. ISBN 0813510163. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
|This Monmouth County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ocean County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|