Prosser Career Academy
|Prosser Career Academy|
|2148 N. Long Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60639
|School type||Public secondary vocational|
|School district||Chicago Public Schools|
|Athletics conference||Chicago Public League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Charles A. Prosser Career Academy (formerly known as Charles A. Prosser Vocational High School) is a public 4–year vocational high school located in the Belmont Cragin neighborhood on the northwest side of Chicago, Illinois, United States. Prosser opened in 1959 and is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district.
Prosser opened in September 1959 for males only, adding females decades later. Prior to the summer of 1998 the school's name was Prosser Vocational High School. The school is named for Charles Allen Prosser, an educator who pioneered vocational education.
During their first year, Prosser students enroll in the Freshman Academy, which eases the transition into high school. Students sign up in 8th grade if they want to be in the International Baccalaureate program. From there they can decide if they want to go to the IBDP or IBCP.
- Advanced Technology Group
- Academic Decathlon
- After School Matters
- Badminton Club
- Ecology Club
- The Falcon (newspaper)
- French Club
- Key Club
- National Honor Society
- Polish Club
- Rube Goldberg
- Student Council
- Yu-Gi-Oh Club
- Culinary Arts
- Baseball (M) (V, JV)
- Football (M) (V, JV)
- Soccer (F, M) (V, JV)
- Softball (F) (V)
- Track and field (M, F)
- Volleyball (M, F) (V, JV)
- Swimming (M, F) (V, JV)
- Basketball (M, F) (V, JV)
- John Wayne Gacy – serial killer (attended)
- Wally "Freak" Kozielski – radio DJ; a part of Mancow's Morning Madhouse for many years; also worked for 94.7 The Zone, Q-101, Rock 103.5, The Blaze, and 105.5 The Kat; is currently on 10a-2p at WRXQ100.7 FM (Q-rock) in Chicago
- "High School Code Search". College Board. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "Local School Council". Prosser Career Academy. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "Chicago (Prosser)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 19 January 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "Institution Summary for Prosser Career Academy". AdvancED profile. North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- The Man Who Killed Boys: The John Wayne Gacy, Jr. Story