From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prostatic congestion is a medical condition of the prostate gland (prostatosis) that happens when the prostate becomes swollen by excess fluid. The condition often results in a sufferer feeling the urge to urinate frequently.
Possible causes of prostatic congestion
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Blue balls
- Chronic prostatitis (infection of the prostate)
- Excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary tract cysts
- NIH: Enlarged prostate
- Prostatitis, prostatosis and prostalgia. Psychogenic or organic disease?
- NIH: Prostatitis - chronic
|This medical symptom article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|