Prostitution in the Palestinian territories
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Prostitution in the Palestinian territories is illegal, under Palestinian Authority law. Ramallah is one of the few outlets for prostitution in the Palestinian territories as premarital sex is seen as taboo in the territories. A recent report by the UN Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) and SAWA-All the Women Together Today and Tomorrow, a Palestinian NGO, suggests that an increasing number of women are taking up prostitution in the face of poverty and violence.
- "Flourishing Palestinian sex trade exposed in new report". Haaretz. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Report lifts veil on trafficking, prostitution of Palestinian women". CNN. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Trafficking and Forced Prostitution of Palestinian Women and Girls: Forms of Modern Day Slavery". UNHCR. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Dark secrets of the White City". Haaretz. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Gutman, Matt, "Sex and the Single Palestinian" ABC News July 12, 2007.
- "Rare report on prostitution in Palestinian territories". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
"Trafficking and Forced Prostitution of Palestinian Women and Girls: Forms of Modern Day Slavery" UNIFEM 2008
|This Palestine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|