This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research|
|Initial release||11 November 1999|
5.5.0 / 15 March 2019
|Operating system||Linux, Mac OS X & Windows|
Protégé provides a graphic user interface to define ontologies. It also includes deductive classifiers to validate that models are consistent and to infer new information based on the analysis of an ontology. Like Eclipse, Protégé is a framework for which various other projects suggest plugins. This application is written in Java and makes heavy use of Swing to create the user interface. According to their website, there are over 300,000 registered users. A 2009 book calls it "the leading ontological engineering tool".
- "Protege Desktop Older Versions". Protege Wiki. 24 May 2016.
- "Protege Desktop 5.0 Installation Instructions". Protege Wiki.
- "Protege Desktop Frequently Asked Questions". Protege Wiki.
- "Protégé Community". protege.stanford.edu. Retrieved 23 May 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dragan Gašević; Dragan Djurić; Vladan Devedžić (2009). Model Driven Engineering and Ontology Development (2nd ed.). Springer. p. 194. ISBN 978-3-642-00282-3.
- "protege/license.txt". GitHub. 2 April 2020.