|Developer(s)||Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research|
|Initial release||11 November 1999|
5.0.0 / 24 May 2016
|Operating system||Linux, Mac OS X & Windows|
Protégé is a free, open source ontology editor and a knowledge management system. Protégé provides a graphic user interface to define ontologies. It also includes deductive classifiers to validate that models are consistent and to infer new information based on the analysis of an ontology. Like Eclipse, Protégé is a framework for which various other projects suggest plugins. This application is written in Java and heavily uses Swing to create the user interface. Protégé recently has over 300,000 registered users. According to a 2009 book it is "the leading ontological engineering tool".
Protégé is being developed at Stanford University and is made available under the BSD 2-clause license. Earlier versions of the tool were developed in collaboration with the University of Manchester.
- "Protege Desktop Older Versions". Protege Wiki. 24 May 2016.
- "Protege Desktop 5.0 Installation Instructions". Protege Wiki.
- "Protege Desktop Frequently Asked Questions". Protege Wiki.
- Protégé Community
- Dragan Gašević; Dragan Djurić; Vladan Devedžić (2009). Model Driven Engineering and Ontology Development (2nd ed.). Springer. p. 194. ISBN 978-3-642-00282-3.
- "protege/license.txt". GitHub.
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|