|Founded||1992 in Austin, Texas|
|Successor||Brinks Home Security (2020 - present)|
The company was founded in 1992 by Thad Paschall in Austin, Texas—where it continues to be headquartered. By 2001, the company had installed about 200,000 security systems. In 2010 the company was purchased by Rockbridge Growth Equity LLC from Falcon Investments under advisement from Imperial Capital. The total cost of the company was about $100 million. The company was ranked among SDM Magazine’s top 15 U.S. security system providers as of 2014. In 2012 Protect America expanded into Canada, and had about 400,000 customers. In 2013 the company had 390 employees, adding 67 jobs that year, the 13th most that year in the state of Texas according to Inc. Magazine. Protect America also provides public security system advice on US television networks. In 2020, Protect America was acquired by Brinks Home Security.
In 2005, the company produced the first monitored self-installed security system business model. The company also offers mobile apps that allow customers to interact with their home security systems while away from their residences, called the SMART connect app. Security packages are offered at different pricing, in both hardline and cellular models.
Protect America has teamed with universities such as Michigan State University and the University of South Alabama to help students provide aid to local area charities. It has also partnered directly with the Austin Police Department, providing financing for police initiatives, including the updating of their security equipment.
- "Brinks Home Security Announces Bulk Acquisition of Residential Alarm Monitoring Contracts". Brinks Home Security. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- "Protect America Closes Sale t,o Investment Group". SDM Magazine.
- "The Black-and-White On Dealer Programs: An open letter to Security Dealers from Thad Paschall; Founder of Protect America, Inc". Security Distributing & Marketing. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Rockbridge Growth acquires share of home security company in Texas". Crain's Detroit Business.
- "2014 SDM 100 Report: The Rankings". SDM Magazine.
- "Protect America Interview: Thad Paschall, CEO and Founder". A Secure Life.
- "Meet the Job Creators". Inc. Magazine.
- "Summer vacation season high time for home break-ins". ABC News 12. Archived from the original on 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- ""Protect America SMART Connect App" helps protect homes, families". Fox News.
- "Home break-ins top crime in San Antonio". ABC News 12. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Protect America Reviews: What You Can Get for $19.99 a Month?".
- "USA communication students take home awards for role in Pay it Forward Challenge". Alabama.com.
- "Round Rock security company supports memorial ride". Austin Statesman.
- "THE AUSTIN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HOME SECURITY COMPANY PROTECT AMERICA, INC. PARTNER TO COMBAT BURGLARY". Texas.gov.
- "Protect America partners with police to combat burglary". Security Systems News.
- "APD to upgrade technology with $15,000 donation". ABC KVUE.
- "APD awarded $15,000 grant to help stop home burglaries". NBC KXAN.