This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Web browser, iOS|
|Available in||English, Spanish, German|
|Type||Rapid application development, IDE, PaaS|
- 1 Design Goals
- 2 Features
- 3 Upcoming Features
- 4 Technologies used
- 5 References
According to the web site of the developers the goals were:
- rapid application development: avoid the programming of standard stuff like table views, standard action buttons, menus etc.
- cross platform development: any Protogrid application runs as it is on all platforms supported by Protogrid (at present: several web browsers and iOS)
- multi language support: any Protogrid application can be translated within hours to any other language by a person with knowledge of the source and target language
- ability to run off-line: any Protogrid application must be able to run off-line on a mobile device offering the full set of functionality
Protogrid applications are supposed to be portable to all Protogrid clients without additional programming effort.
Touch screen optimization
Protogrid applications are optimized for touch screens.
Support for Responsive Design
Protogrid applications run on a range of screens starting from smartphones, tablets unto large screens. The fields and columns are automatically distributed.
The Protogrid back end server resides in a public or private cloud¨
Web enabled apps
Any Protogrid application runs in a browser as web app
Multi language support
As well Protogrid as Protogrid application allows for multi language support.
Support for off-line operations
A Protogrid application runs also without internet access. Data is synchronized automatically as soon as internet connection is available.
Data types supported
Text, Date with time, Number, Relations and Tables referencing other records.
An API is provided that gives read and write access. 
Along with editing photographs, video clips or other multimedia, Photo Grid also enables users, to log in their account, upload photos or video clips, and share their thoughts on different topics. This feature is only available on the upgraded version of Photo Grid.
- "Presentation from the conference 'Distributed Matters 2016' on slideshare.net". Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Protogrid 1.1". Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Protogrid upcoming features". Retrieved 21 May 2016.