This term has become dated as understanding of the evolutionary relationships of the eukaryotes has improved. For example, the Society of Protozoologists, founded in 1947, was renamed International Society of Protistologists in 2005. However, the term persists in some cases (e.g., the Polish journal Acta Protozoologica).
- The Society of Protozoologists
- Corliss, J. O. (1978). A salute to fifty-four great microscopists of the past: a pictorial footnote to the history of protozoology. Part I. Transactions of the American Microscopical Society, 97: 419-458, .
- Corliss, J. O. (1979). A salute to fifty-four great microscopists of the past: a pictorial footnote to the history of protozoology. Part II. Transactions of the American Microscopical Society, 98: 26-58, .
- Corliss, J. O. (1997). Some Important Anniversaries in the History of Protozoology. Rev. Soc. Mex. Hist. Nat. 47: 5-17, .
- Vickerman, K., Sleigh, M., Leadbetter, B., & McCready, S. (2000). A Century of Protozoology in Britain. British Section of the Society of Protozoologists, London, .
- Wolf, M., & Hausmann, K. (2001). Protozoology from the perspective of science theory: history and concept of a biological discipline. Linzer biol. Beitr. 33: 461-488, .
- "New President's Address". protozoa.uga.edu. Retrieved 2015-05-01.
|This biology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|