Providenciales International Airport
|IATA: PLS – ICAO: MBPV|
|Operator||Providenciales Airport Company|
|Location||Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Hub for||InterCaribbean Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Providenciales International Airport (IATA: PLS, ICAO: MBPV), on the island of Providenciales in the Caicos Islands, is the main international airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom. It is operated by Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority (TCIAA). The territory's other international airport is JAGS McCartney International Airport on Grand Turk Island. Currently, there are more than 12,000 commercial aircraft operations per year.
There were plans for the TCIAA to either extend or build a new terminal after having recently completed the extension of the runway, which currently stands at 2,807 m (9,209 ft) long. These plans have been enacted and the renovation is scheduled to be finished by December 2014.[needs update]
Airlines and destinations
|Air Canada||Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson
|American Airlines||Charlotte, Miami
Seasonal: Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia
|British Airways||Antigua, London–Gatwick|
|Caicos Express Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Salt Cay |
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta
Seasonal: Boston, New York–JFK
|InterCaribbean Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Kingston–Norman Manley, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Santiago de Cuba (begins 10 December 2015), Santiago de los Caballeros, Santo Domingo–Las Américas, South Caicos|
|JetBlue Airways||Fort Lauderdale, New York–JFK
Seasonal: Chicago–O'Hare (begins 19 December 2015), Houston–Intercontinental
|Ameriflight||Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Contract Air Cargo||Miami, Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Skyway Enterprises||Santiago de los Caballeros|
- Airport information for MBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for PLS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "British Airways Switch Providenciales to London Gatwick.". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Caicos Express Airways Schedule". Retrieved 11 Aug 2015.
- "Delta Expands Service at Boston". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Delta Air Lines Newsroom - News Archive". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- interCaribbean Adds Santiago de Cuba Service from Dec 2015. Airline Route. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Providenciales International Airport, official site
- Providenciales International Airport, unofficial site
- Turks and Caicos Islands Government: Civil Aviation
- Vancouver Airport Services (provides management and operations services at airport)
- Current weather for MBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PLS at Aviation Safety Network