Providenciales International Airport
|IATA: PLS – ICAO: MBPV|
|Operator||Providenciales Airport Company|
|Location||Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Hub for||InterCaribbean Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Providenciales International Airport (IATA: PLS, ICAO: MBPV), on the island of Providenciales in the Caicos Islands, is the main international airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom. It is operated by Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority (TCIAA). The territory's other international airport is JAGS McCartney International Airport on Grand Turk Island. Currently, there are more than 12,000 commercial aircraft operations per year.
There were plans for the TCIAA to either extend or build a new terminal after having recently completed the extension of the runway, which currently stands at 2,807 m (9,209 ft) long. These plans have been enacted and the renovation is scheduled to be finished by December 2014.
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Montréal-Trudeau, Ottawa
|InterCaribbean Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Kingston–Norman Manley, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Santiago (DR), Santo Domingo, South Caicos|
Seasonal: Dallas/Fort Worth
|American Eagle||Miami (begins 19 August 2015)|
|British Airways||Antigua, London-Gatwick|
|Caicos Express||Grand Turk|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta
Seasonal: Boston, New York-JFK
|JetBlue Airways||Fort Lauderdale (begins 19 November 2015), New York-JFK
Seasonal: Chicago-O'Hare (begins December 19, 2015), Houston-Intercontinental
operated by American Airlines1
Seasonal: Boston, Philadelphia
^1 All US Airways flights will be rebranded as American Airlines effective October 17, 2015.
|Ameriflight||Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Contract Air Cargo||Miami, Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Skyway Enterprises||Santiago de los Caballeros|
- Airport information for MBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for PLS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "British Airways Switch Providenciales to London Gatwick.". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Delta Expands Service at Boston". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Delta Air Lines Newsroom - News Archive". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Providenciales International Airport, official site
- Providenciales International Airport, unofficial site
- Turks and Caicos Islands Government: Civil Aviation
- Vancouver Airport Services (provides management and operations services at airport)
- Current weather for MBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PLS at Aviation Safety Network