Providenciales International Airport
|IATA: PLS – ICAO: MBPV|
|Operator||Providenciales Airport Company|
|Location||Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Hub for||InterCaribbean Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Providenciales International Airport (IATA: PLS, ICAO: MBPV), on the island of Providenciales in the Caicos Islands, is the main international airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom. It is operated by Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority (TCIAA). The territory's other international airport is JAGS McCartney International Airport on Grand Turk Island. Currently, there are more than 12,000 commercial aircraft operations per year.
The airport resides at an elevation of 15 ft (5 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,807 m × 45 m (9,209 ft × 148 ft). There were plans for the TCIAA to either extend or build a new terminal after having recently completed the extension of the runway, which currently stands at 2,807 m (9,209 ft) long. These plans have been enacted and the renovation was finished by December 2014.[needs update]
Airlines and destinations
|Air Canada||Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson
|American Airlines||Charlotte, Miami, New York-JFK
Seasonal: Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia
|British Airways||Antigua, London–Gatwick|
|Caicos Express Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Salt Cay, Port-au-Prince|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta
Seasonal: Boston, New York–JFK
|InterCaribbean Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Havana, Kingston–Norman Manley, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Santiago de Cuba, Santiago de los Caballeros, Santo Domingo–Las Américas, South Caicos|
|JetBlue Airways||Fort Lauderdale, New York–JFK
Seasonal: Chicago–O'Hare, Houston–Intercontinental, Washington–Dulles (begins 17 December 2016)
|Ameriflight||Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Contract Air Cargo||Miami, Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Skyway Enterprises||Santiago de los Caballeros|
- Airport information for MBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for PLS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- 2016, UBM (UK) Ltd. "American Airlines Adds New York – Providenciales Service from Nov 2016".
- "Announcing services to Havana, Cuba from Providenciales, Turks & Caicos" (Press release). Providenciales: InterCaribbean Airways. PR Newswire. 8 February 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
Media related to Providenciales Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Providenciales International Airport, official site
- Providenciales International Airport, unofficial site
- Turks and Caicos Islands Government: Civil Aviation
- Vancouver Airport Services (provides management and operations services at airport)
- Current weather for MBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PLS at Aviation Safety Network