Province of Olbia-Tempio
|Province of Olbia-Tempio
Provincia di Olbia-Tempio
Province Hall in Tempio Pausania
Map highlighting the location of the province of Olbia-Tempio in Italy
|Capital(s)||Olbia and Tempio Pausania|
|• President||Fedele Sanciu|
|• Total||3,399 km2 (1,312 sq mi)|
|• Density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The province of Olbia-Tempio (Italian: provincia di Olbia-Tempio, Sardinian: provìntzia de Terranòa-Tèmpiu) is a province in the autonomous region of Sardinia, Italy. It has two provincial capitals, Olbia (58,723 inhabitants) and Tempio Pausania (14,342 inhabitants). As of 2015, the province has a total population of 159,950 inhabitants and covers an area of 3,406.18 square kilometres (1,315.13 square miles), so has a population density of 46.96 inhabitants per square kilometer. The president of Olbia-Tempio is Pietro Vittore Carzedda, and the province contains 26 comuni (plural; singular: comune), see list of communes of the Province of Olbia-Tempio.
The largest comuni in the province are Olbia (population of 45,366 as of 2001), Tempio Pausania (13,992 as of 2001), Arzachena (12,080 as of 2001) and La Maddalena (11,369 as of 2001). The province of Olbia-Tempio was formed by a 2001 regional law that became effective in 2005. It contains a section of historic Gallura and is bordered by the provinces of Nuoro and Sassari.
On 6 May 2012 the regional referendums of Sardinia took place regarding the abolition of certain provinces and a variety of other matters. The suggestion of reforming or abolishing certain provinces in Sardinia was approved by the Regional Council of Sardinia on 24 May 2012. Due to this, the province of Olbia-Tempio was ordered to form a new administrative body or be abolished on 1 March 2013, but this expiry date for constitutional changes was extended to 1 July 2013. It will be dissolved when the autonomous region passes a law regarding the Sardinian local authorities.
|Olbia-Tempio Provincial Election Results June 2010|
|Name||Party||1st Preference Votes||%|
|Gesuino Giovanni Giuliano Achenza||PD||28,240||39.3|
- "Olbia-Tempio". Comuni Italiani. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Provincia di Olbia-Tempio". Tutt Italia. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Provincia di Olbia-Tempio". Autonomous Region of Sardinia. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Olbia-Tempio". Italia.it. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Referendum". Autonomous Region of Sardinia. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Provinces alive for another nine months, the Council approves the law". Radio Press. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Provinces begin the countdown". L'Unione Sarda. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Provinces: all out in nine months". La Nuova Sardegna. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Province of Olbia-Tempio.|