Founded in 2001
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Pioneer League (2001-present)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (2001-present)|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (5)||
|Division titles (8)||
|Nickname||Orem Owlz (2005-present)|
|Provo Angels (2001-2004)|
|Ballpark||Brent Brown Ballpark (2005-present)|
|Larry H. Miller Field (2001-2004)|
|General Manager||Justo Vazquez|
Formerly the Provo Angels, the Owlz are one of two Pioneer League teams in Utah, the other being the Ogden Raptors. The team changed ownership after the 2004 season and moved from Provo to a new stadium in neighboring Orem. While retaining its affiliation with the Angels major league club, the team introduced a new name and logo at the time of their move. The Owlz also introduced a new mascot named Hootz, a red owl with a head in the shape of a large baseball. Hootz was married in 2009 in an on-field ceremony to Holly, a female owl.
The Owlz play in the Pioneer League, which is a rookie-level league with an abbreviated schedule. They won the 2004 Pioneer League championship (while still in Provo) and won the 2005 championship as well, after moving to Orem. The Owlz have also won the 2007 and 2009 championships, in addition to eight division titles. The Owlz play their home games at Brent Brown Ballpark, on the campus of Utah Valley University.
The team is prominently mentioned in the book Odd Man Out: A Year on the Mound with a Minor League Misfit, a memoir recounting the author's one season playing for the Provo Angels.
- 2016: Defeated Ogden 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Billings 2-0 to win championship.
- 2015: Lost to Idaho Falls 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2014: Defeated Ogden 2-0 in semifinals; lost to Billings 2-0 in finals.
- 2011: Lost to Ogden 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2010: Lost to Ogden 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2009: Defeated Ogden 2-0 in semifinals; defeated Missoula 2-1 to win championship.
- 2008: Lost to Great Falls 2-1 in finals.
- 2007: Defeated Great Falls 2-0 to win championship.
- 2005: Defeated Helena 2-0 to win championship.
- 2004: Defeated Billings 2-0 to win championship.
- 2003: Lost to Billings 2-0 in finals.
- 2002: Defeated Great Falls 2-1 to win championship.
- 2001: Lost to Billings 2-0 in finals.
Orem Owlz roster
7-day disabled list
Owlz players with MLB experience
These are listed by the year they appeared for the Owlz.
- Steve Andrade, Nick Gorneault, Casey Kotchman, Pedro Liriano, Jeff Mathis, Dallas McPherson, Ervin Santana, Steven Shell, Jake Woods
- Erick Aybar, Alberto Callaspo, Edwar Ramirez, Rafael Rodríguez, Joe Saunders
- Matthew Brown, Daniel Davidson, Brian Esposito, Howie Kendrick, Warner Madrigal, Reggie Willits, Bobby Wilson, Brandon Wood
- Alexi Casilla, Fernando Rodriguez, Sean Rodriguez,
- Nick Adenhart, José Arredondo, Martín Maldonado, Bobby Mosebach, Mark Trumbo
- Trevor Bell, Peter Bourjos, Barret Browning, David Herndon, Darren O'Day, Anthony Ortega, Sean O'Sullivan, Chris Pettit
- Ryan Brasier, Bobby Cassevah, Jeremy Moore, Efren Navarro, Andrew Romine, Mason Tobin, Jordan Walden
- Steve Geltz, Luis Jiménez, Michael Kohn, Andrew Taylor, Will Smith
- Buddy Boshers, David Carpenter, Patrick Corbin, Garrett Richards, Jean Segura, Tyler Skaggs
- Kole Calhoun, Donn Roach
- C. J. Cron, Nick Maronde
- Mike Morin, Michael Roth
- Orem Owlz website