From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up proxy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A proxy is an agent or substitute authorized to act for another person or a document which authorizes the agent so to act, and may also be used in the following contexts:
- Health care proxy, a document used to specify an agent to make medical decisions for a patient in case they are incapacitated
- Proxy war, a war where two powers use third parties as a substitute for fighting each other directly, see also ''puppet state'' and ''puppet ruler''
- Proxy marriage, common amongst European monarchs, where one party is not present in person to their marriage to the other
- Proxy (statistics), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest
- Proxy (climate), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest in climate research
- Proxy pattern, a software design pattern in computer programming, also known as a proxy class
- Proxy server, a computer network service that allows clients to make indirect network connections to other network services
- Proxy fight, attempting to influence how company shareholders use their proxy votes
- Proxy statement, information published related to a U.S. stockholders' meeting
- Proxy voting, a vote cast on behalf of an absent person
- Proxy abuse (or vicarious abuse), abuse committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy bullying (or vicarious bullying), bullying committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy murder, a murder committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy card, a substitute card used in trading card games when a player does not own the substituted card and also can occur when proxy cards are not tradeable
- Proxies (band), British electronic rock band formed in 2010
- "Proxy" (song), a song by Martin Garrix
- "The Proxy", a song by RJD2 on his 2003 album Deadringer
- Proxy, a mysterious humanoid lifeform in the anime Ergo Proxy
- PROXY, a holodroid featured in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Proxy, the codename of Wendy Harris, a fictional character in the Batgirl comic book series.
- "Proxy" is a term, specifically (but not limited to) in Slender: The Arrival, for a person who is influenced or controlled by the Slender Man.
- Proxy (film), a 2013 horror film by Zack Parker
- "Proxy" the name of a fictional character in the 2012 horror film Smiley.
- Münchausen syndrome by proxy
- Proxi, a proprietary freeware computer application for Mac OS X by Griffin Technology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proxy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.