|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||376.43 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
Pruvanserin (EMD-281,014, LY-2,422,347) is a selective 5-HT2A receptor antagonist which was under development by Eli Lilly and Company for the treatment of insomnia. It was in phase II clinical trials in 2008 but appears to have been discontinued as it is no longer in the company's development pipeline. In addition to its sleep-improving properties, pruvanserin has also been shown to have antidepressant, anxiolytic, and working memory-enhancing effects in animal studies.
- Bartoszyk GD, van Amsterdam C, Böttcher H, Seyfried CA (July 2003). "EMD 281014, a new selective serotonin 5-HT2A receptor antagonist". European Journal of Pharmacology. 473 (2–3): 229–30. doi:10.1016/S0014-2999(03)01992-7. PMID 12892843.
- Teegarden BR, Al Shamma H, Xiong Y (2008). "5-HT(2A) inverse-agonists for the treatment of insomnia". Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. 8 (11): 969–76. doi:10.2174/156802608784936700. PMID 18673166.
- "Efficacy Study of LY2422347 to Treat Insomnia - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov".
- "Eli Lilly and Company » Research Pipeline".
- Monti JM, Jantos H (September 2006). "Effects of activation and blockade of 5-HT2A/2C receptors in the dorsal raphe nucleus on sleep and waking in the rat". Progress in Neuro-psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry. 30 (7): 1189–95. doi:10.1016/j.pnpbp.2006.02.013. PMID 16713054.
- Monti JM, Jantos H (December 2006). "Effects of the serotonin 5-HT2A/2C receptor agonist DOI and of the selective 5-HT2A or 5-HT2C receptor antagonists EMD 281014 and SB-243213, respectively, on sleep and waking in the rat". European Journal of Pharmacology. 553 (1–3): 163–70. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2006.09.027. PMID 17059817.
- Patel JG, Bartoszyk GD, Edwards E, Ashby CR (April 2004). "The highly selective 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)2A receptor antagonist, EMD 281014, significantly increases swimming and decreases immobility in male congenital learned helpless rats in the forced swim test". Synapse. 52 (1): 73–5. doi:10.1002/syn.10308. PMID 14755634.
- Adamec R, Creamer K, Bartoszyk GD, Burton P (November 2004). "Prophylactic and therapeutic effects of acute systemic injections of EMD 281014, a selective serotonin 2A receptor antagonist on anxiety induced by predator stress in rats". European Journal of Pharmacology. 504 (1–2): 79–96. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2004.09.017. PMID 15507224.
- Terry AV, Buccafusco JJ, Bartoszyk GD (June 2005). "Selective serotonin 5-HT2A receptor antagonist EMD 281014 improves delayed matching performance in young and aged rhesus monkeys". Psychopharmacology. 179 (4): 725–32. doi:10.1007/s00213-004-2114-1. PMID 15619109.