Psalm 49 is the 49th psalm from the Book of Psalms. The psalm was written by the sons of Korah after recognizing their father's greed for wealth as the root of his downfall, and to teach that the purpose of one's life on earth is to enhance his spiritual development and the prepare for the world to come.
- Is recited on the day of Parshat Shekalim.
- Is recited following Shacharit and Maariv in a house of mourning.
- Verse 6 is found in the Foundation of Repentance recited on the eve of Rosh Hashanah.
- The Complete Artscroll Siddur, p. 174.
- The Artscroll Tehillim page 329
- The Complete Artscroll Siddur page 174
- The Complete Artscroll Machzor for Rosh Hashanah page 9